21 | Lien City

Brina's POV

"You have the rest of the day to walk around the city but make sure you get plenty of rest since tomorrow is the day", Caiden announced when we just got our key for our hotel's room.

We are here at the Lien City for our friendly match tomorrow with Warlords – the Incinerate of Executors' first ranked team specifically in this city.

I am actually suspicious about this Supreme Kairos team, I mean they got each of us a separate hotel room plus they actually paid all the expenses for this event and mind you they invited all the members! We are probably about 20 members or so. I wonder how they got the money?

Well, instead of thinking about that why not think about where I would spend the rest of the day. Hmm, Capital City? Tourist Spots? Coffee Shops? Internet Cafe?

Just thinking about it makes me smile so wide that my mouth hurts! I excitedly opened my hotel room but before I can close it, someone spoke behind me.

"My room is across yours, bring your laptop with you." I saw Cadmus, standing at the door with his stoic face and without bothering to wait for me to answer, he immediately walked out.

Why would he want my laptop? So glad I brought the one I recently bought. Who knows what would he dig on my files, it is better to be safe.

After arranging my things to this room, I instantly go to Cadmus' room with a laptop on my hand. I am dressed just like a person ready to explore the city. I really can't wait to walk around this place. Actually on our way here, I already searched up some good place I can visit.

I knocked on the door three times and wait for him to opened it. 

"Here", I said while handing out my laptop with my one hand to him right after he opened the door. I waited for him to take the laptop but what he did surprised me big time! Instead of taking the laptop, he took my other hand – the one not holding the laptop and pull me towards his room!

"Oh my!" I shrieked. Who would not if someone suddenly just pulled you with force!

When he let go of my hand, I immediately looked at him with daggers in my eyes. He looked at me for a while and walked towards the study table in which something caught my eyes. 

Welcome to Incinerate of Executors!

Log In or Sign Up

"W-wait, you are not planning what I am thinking right?" I asked him not leaving my sight towards his laptop screen.

"Not a plan" I sighed with relief upon hearing his answer but soon replaced with defeat when he continue, "It is an order."

"What?! We will be gaming tomorrow!" I said exasperated. I mean shouldn't this day be our 'me-day'? To let go of stress or something so we can play with a better condition tomorrow.

"You cancelled the training last night, remember?" He said in a mocking tone while logging in his game account.

Ugh, is it my fault that the argument with my so called father drained me and I am not in the mood to play a game anymore? 

When I did not answered him, he looked at me with using his death glare. I sighed defeated and walked sat beside him before turning on my laptop.

I saw all the pictures of the places I searched on our way here, vanishing slowly in my mind. 

Once the laptop is on, I immediately open the game and log in my game account. We played the game for the rest of the day.