28 | South Korea

Dritan's POV

Two more minutes before the minute and second hands of the clock overlapped. Everything is ready. Lorcan with his most beloved laptop, and Caiden on his cellphone while I will watch the news. We are ready for whatever that anonymous person would exposed.

But what happened next, is not what we expected.

At exactly 00:00, TWO major news shocked everyone. Yes, it is not only one but two revelation. What fucked us up is that, it was done in two different country!

"Is it done with the same person? Z?" Lorcan asked us while his laptop showing the two different revelation.

"It may or may not, I don't know", Caiden said in a disappointing voice.

"The last line may help us" I said to them and Caiden immediately checked his phone to look for the post from the anonymous.

"That number '37° 34N ; 127' what do you think about it?" Caiden questioned us once he saw the post in which Lorcan answered,

"It's the place right? Two of the revelations tonight have the same thing in common"

I immediately get what he meant by that and so I voice out, "South Korea."

Caiden immediately typed on his phone after hearing me and said, "Damn! The number is South Korea's geographic information!"

Both the news have something in common, the place, South Korea.

One: The news about the South Korea's most popular actor did a lot of crimes. (Targeting South Korea)

Two: The news about the Mertiz Company's new position are revealed from their South Korea's branch in which it was almost bankrupted! (South Korea's the source)

"Now what? Which one is Z?" Lorcan asked after a while of silence in which Caiden answered with, "We don't even know if one of them is Z or both of them are." 

Damn! When we thought we are finally getting another hint of Z's identity, turns out we are wrong! This just proved that Z is a shadow! Z can really adapt to anything and everywhere, you can't even feel his existence.

"Or neither of them are." I said to them which made them quiet. We really don't have a single idea of what is happening behind those news. Is it really Z or not?

"So we are back to zero?" Lorcan asked after a while of being quiet.

"If we can't catch Z then let him catch us" I said to them that made Lorcan looked at me with shock visible on his face while Caiden just smirked upon hearing what I said.

"Y-you mean?" Lorcan asked while stuttering, clearly he is still in shocked which I simply answered with, "Yes."

"How? Do you already have a plan?" Caiden asked me this time.

"You know how Z does not tolerate any injustice act—" I did not have a chance to finish what I was saying as Lorcan cut me off, "Don't tell me we will do an injustice crimes!"

That caught me off guard so I answered him almost immediately after he said that, "No! What I mean is that we will look closely at all the crimes related to that."

"That just mean we will be working officially with Mr. Lowell, right?" Caiden questioned me in a clarifying tone.

"Yes, this time, Aakil Team will be back officially" I answered him with finality on my voice.

»•» ⚠️ «•«

Brina's POV

Right after their revelation of them working for the Law, I immediately walked towards my room here and brought out my Laptop I packed from home.

And now, after looking at their past, I can't help but to recall all the memories that happened before.

The world is really small huh? Of all the places and people I could met, why them? Why does everything in the present have something to do with the past?

Why is the future and past inseparably to each other that revolves in the present? Can't someone just live the present without being tied to the past?

Does being with Supreme Kairos would get me in good or would just break me? I shrugged my thoughts, I am crazy for even thinking about getting something good about them.

Supreme Kairos and I should never be together. They are in the light while I am living in the shadow. 

I thought I still have a month to do everything before I came back to what I am before, but looks like I am wrong. I should settle everything in less than a month. The earlier the better.

A beep sound ruined the silence that was lingering around the room. I immediately looked at my phone to see what it was and I unconsciously smirked upon seeing it. 

It was a notification for me being successful at my work. Two shocking news was revealed at the same time but in different places. 

 Of course, I planned all of it. 

I am not that dumb to drop a specific hint that would lead them to my identity. I surprised them with two cases, one for the real reason and another just for the cover up. Now let them be confused which one is real behind that cryptic message. 

 I wonder what would be their next plan? 

A sound of my ring tone cut me off on my deep thoughts. Without looking for the caller's ID name, I answered the call.

"Brina! Have you seen the news? Oh my! Turn on the television and see the breaking news that's being reported at this moment! Call me back after!" My mom said on the other line with her enthusiastically voice.

I ended the called and turned on the television just like what my mom said.

"Flash News! At exactly 12:00 AM, Mertiz Company released an official statement of their new position. Much to everyone's expectation, the newly assigned president of the said company shocked the public. Mrs. Anastasia Zein will be the one who will handle the company not the declared heir, Mr. Henry Owen Mertiz thus putting everyone in shock. The company stated that after a week, they will hold a public conference to answer all the inquiries." 

I turned off the television right after that. I smirked and said to myself,

I am finally done with the first step.

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

How's the update guys?

Thank you for supporting me and this story!

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!