30 | Darkness

Dritan's POV

"The Mertiz Company released an official statement that they will be having a total make-over. The name would be changed to Zein Eigendom, and all their officials' position would be rearranged. They also announced that they are planning to expand their properties by investing in different field."

Eigendom? That is a Dutch word for 'property', which is a great choice of word if they are planning to expand their business, they are not limiting their assets in just company or businesses.

I saw Brina coming towards us, in the living room with her comfy outfits – track pants and an oversized shirt.

"However the company already declared that Mrs. Anastasia Zein would be the only one to manage the soon to be Zein Eigendom, this indicates that there are still no official successor of the said company."

After hearing the news, I looked at Brina who is now looking inside the refrigerator. She knew? She does not seem to be surprised by the news, so it must be because she knew already. I wonder how did she took that event – her being not declared as the successor.

"Hey! I thought you would be an heiress?" Lorcan walked towards her and placed his right hand on her shoulder to grab her attention while asking a question.

Brina looked at him before answering, "Then you thought wrong." And she pour the water in her cup then drank it.

"You okay with that? I mean it's the perfect time to announce your existence in which your father is trying to hide" Danielle asked her while pouring a drink too.

That made Brina to looked at her in a quizzing look that made Danielle spoke again, "Oh sorry but I once overheard you talking about it on your phone"

So that explains why there was no information about a person name Tsilla Brina Zein. Of course we did a background check on her but found nothing , only her general information, nothing serious. Also the reason why the public did not know her as someone related to Mertiz Company.

 "It's just the right thing to do", Brina said with finality, giving no chance for them to asked a followed up question.

"Tomorrow would be the preliminary round, let's talk about that in the meeting room" I said to then and walked towards the said room, not bothering for their replies.

"What roles are you most confident?" I asked them once all of them are settled on this meeting room.

"You know ours already. Caiden plays the knight while I play the tank", Lorcan said then looked at Brina and Danielle, waiting for them to answer.

A minute of silence passed before Danielle answered with, "Not confident but I am comfortable playing the support."

I nodded my head to acknowledge her answer then looked at Brina, waiting for her answer. But before Brina can open her mouth, Caiden spoke first, "From my observation, both of you play the assassins."

"Oh right! Then one of you might have to adjust? It's better to the team to have each of players a different roles?" Lorcan asked hesitantly while looking at me and Brina that made the room to be filled with silence.

Both of them are right. Brina has been using the assassins role ever since Zero started and I also has been using that role way before. Having two assassins in a team is crucial as the team would be in short of one roles.

"I'll play the mage", Brina suddenly spoke breaking the silence that has been lingering around the room. That made us shocked, I never saw her using or even talking about Mage's role.

"You play Mage?" Danielle questioned her after a while of being shocked.

"Not really but it will be much easier to learn since that is the closest to an assassins role." Brina explained while looking at everyone of us but her sight linger a little longer on me.

Brina is right. Mage is actually known as the second assassins of the Game, they are used for Damage, Crowd Control and Cost. Mage is also a very important role in a team fight as they are one of the main damage dealers in a team, and their priority is to kill are the enemy knight and mages.

They are basically stopping the knight from getting very farmed quickly, to increase the chance of winning the game. 

"But it has differences also! A mage can't be aggressive in fighting unlike assassins", Lorcan exclaimed after hearing what Brina said.

Lorcan is right too. Mage should never ever engage in a 1 v 5 fights ever, as mages aren't really durable. Unless the player are confident to win, then go for it.

"I already got a plan for it" Brina simply answered and so the team roles for tomorrow's preliminary was settled.

»•» ⚠️ «•«

I am seating at the veranda, just looking at the dark sky of the night. Thinking about the Tournament, tomorrow would be Supreme Kairos' first step.

I was brought out from my deep thinking when I felt a presence sat down besides me and when I looked, I saw Brina. Her expressions are unusual tonight, not like her stoic face nor a jolly one. It was something else, something I can't point out.

I have been staring at her face for a long time trying to understand what she is feeling right now but she did not even glimpsed at me. She just kept looking upwards towards the dark sky. Is there something wrong?

"Wha–" I did not even finish what I was about to ask when she suddenly spoke, "Do you know why I love the darkness?"

I am confused by her sudden questioned so I did not get a chance to answer her but then she continue explaining, "It never changes color. It will always stay as Dark in which I found myself there."

"Then do you hate the light?" I asked her.

"Light? Never explored it. I told you I love darkness because it never change in which I am most afraid of. I have been in the dark for a long time that light scares me. That's why I never dare to touch the light, I was afraid of the change it will bring me. I am afraid Cadmus."

Cadmus. I think it is the first time she called me that name. The way my name sounded in her voice just did something in my heart. 

But her long statement overpowered that. I was lost for words upon hearing her. She sounded like she was a different person. She is showing me her vulnerable side, very unusual to someone who would kill every enemies on the game.

The person besides me is not Zero, it is Brina.

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

Now, I am curious about you! What do you like more? The darkness or the light?

Anyway, I have heard there is a site where they plagiarized the works of others and I am sad to hear that. I mean the effort of the original writer would be wasted just like that? Also beware of clicking that site, it might be a phishing page.

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!