34 | Pretend

Dritan's POV

Early in the morning all the Aakil Team is here at the Aakil's Quarter: Me, Lorcan, Caiden, Mr. Lowell and Brina. Yes, I think of her as one of the member now since she will be helping us.

"So what are we gonna do?" Lorcan asked Brina who is now seating on the couch while yawning.

"Wait, what?" She answered Lorcan with sarcasm that made all of us looked at her puzzled. But seems like she did not mind our stares as she continue yawning.

So Mr. Lowell asked her this time, "What? Aren't you supposed to be building up a system to counter-attack Z?"

"Besides, we are going to wait, what are we here for early in the morning?" Caiden then followed up a question.

"Exactly!" Brina suddenly exclaimed which jolted everybody including me. We just looked at her waiting for her to elaborate in which she did while rolling her eyes.

"You said counter-attack, which means we wait for the attack for us to counter it and for Caiden's question, you should asked your captain not me."

That made all of them turn their stares at me and so I explained myself by questioning Brina, "Isn't better to create something before the attack?"

"It'll be a waste of time especially if we are dealing with Z. I mean you should all know by now that we can't predict what he will do right?" Brina explained and we slowly nodded our head when we got her point.

"So, we are just going to wait?" Mr. Lowell then asked her.

"No, prepare yourself", she seriously said then stopped for a moment before continuing with, "You'll need a lot of energy later."

The room was suddenly filled with silence until Brina broke it again by exclaiming, "And so I'll save my energy by sleeping! Where is your room Lorcan?"

Lorcan seems taken aback but answered nonetheless, "Second floor, fir–"

I did not let him finished his words as I cut him off, "Last door."

Brina looked at both of us suspiciously but then shrugged it off by saying, "Oh thanks! I'll be sleeping so please don't disturb me!" And she run off towards the direction I said.

"I did not know Lorcan's room changed", Caiden spoke with a lot of sarcasm definitely targeting me and so I just shrugged it off.

»•» ⚠️ «•«

Brina's POV

Damn! I'll finally be able to get my much deserve sleep! I did not get any sleep last night nor even closed my eyes for ten seconds longer! I have been preparing what I need to prepare later.

When I open the door of the room Cadmus said, I am surprised to see the inside.

I mean the design and everything is nothing like Lorcan! The room is styled as minimalist and everything is either in Black or Grey. This clearly screams like an intimidating person is living here which is very different from Lorcan who is an out-going person.

Oh well, maybe it's his style? Ugh, instead of worrying about that, I better sleep now to gain back my energy.

And so I immediately jumped off towards the soft bed and let the darkness consumed me.

I woke up at exactly an hour before that self-proclaimed Z, will reveal something. I am glad no one disturbed my sleep and so I gained enough energy to fight later.