51 | Gunshot

Brina's POV

After I arranged all the necessary arrangements, I left the park.

Leaving Tsilla Brina Zein.

Yes, I left my identity in that park. I can't win this case if I am Brina.

Didn't I told you that I would do everything just to make L, safe? Everything – including leaving Brina.

Brina is vulnerable right now because of her family and friends, while Z is not as she is alone.

And that is what I need right now. To win this case, I need to fully be Z.

I immediately go towards my car, then drove off headed to North – to Lucas. I lied to Cadmus about Lucas being off the hook, in fact it is the opposite – he is the main target.

I did not slept last night just to finally cracked this case and I did. They are using L to lure me and to divert my attention to their real target – Lucas.

Their initial plan is when I arrived at the X building just like what the unknown number said, they will capture me and that will exposed my identity. Yes, L is still in the South. But I am confident the person who captured her will not harm her.

It was her brother's friend.

Her brother and the brother's friend is actually the ones behind the Noir Rose. Her brother was in North handling Lucas while his friend was with L.

Of course, I made sure that they really would not harm L before deciding to go to North. I found out that her brother's friend, Samael, actually secretly admired L. Meanwhile, her brother genuinely care for L.

And so I concluded that, they have a deep grudge to me for them to use L.

I don't know how did they knew L is connected to Z or maybe I just don't want to know that is why I did not bother finding out. I don't like what the back of my mind is thinking, there is this small voice saying it is maybe L. But no, I knew L would not do that. I hope so.

Unfortunately for them, Z from before is back. The one who anyone is loathed in the law society and feared by the criminals. The one who can make the impossible possible just by pressing the keyboard.

The fearless one.

I only have thirty minutes before they took action and so I sped up my car. I knew already where he is hiding Lucas and I do have my plan. I would not go to a war without holding a weapon.

I stopped the car when I saw an old house. It is not an abandoned one nor located in the middle of something. It is just like any other old house, located between other houses too.

I put on my black half mask then wore the hood of my jacket before stepping out of the car. When I looked at my watch it's already 6:03 PM and so I hurriedly ran towards the house.

The house was quiet like there's no one inside but I knew better. I grabbed the hairpin inside my pocket then unlocked the doorknob — someone taught me how to do that. Once I heard the 'tick' sound, I immediately opened the door then checked the surrounding. I need to examine the place clearly before stepping inside.

No one is there, there are also no CCTVs or whatsoever security equipment. It definitely looked like an abandoned house. So I stepped inside not making a little bit of sound while I was looking where they might be.

So glad I have my mask with me since this house is full of thick dusts, like the house has not been touch more than a year.

I sneakily checked all the door, although it was locked, the hairpin do all the works. Just what the living room looked like, all the rooms are also full of thick dusts.