43 | Data

Brina's POV

My phone suddenly vibrated and so I was brought back to reality. I immediately answer the phone without looking at the callers ID, I am in too much panic to even look at that.

"We can't locate Danielle" The voice on the other line, Cadmus, said right after I answered the phone then continue with, "Can you tell me what's happening?"

I deeply sighed and took the risk of answering him, "I discovered the community behind the suicidal reports and I investigated the–"

He interrupted me by shouting with a concern voice, "What?! You investigated without telling us?! That's dangerous Tsilla!" 

Shit! A motorcycle suddenly changed lane and if I did not adjusted my direction, a collision will surely happen! And while this is happening, I answered him, "I know but it's already done, Cadmus."

"Wait, you are driving?! That's a fast phase!" He surely heard the loud screech I made when I abruptly adjusted my car's direction.

I ignored him and simply said, "Look for Lucas. I'll handle L"

"What?! You can't do that alone!" He shouted then paused for a while, "Where are you? I'll come with you."

"That's risky." Yes, it is. If I would wait for him, I am afraid it will be too late to save L. I need to do this alone.

"Trust me." I simply said then hanged up the call and threw it at the passenger seat. I even heard him calling my name loudly.

I abruptly stopped the car on the side and took a deep breath with my eyes closed. Stayed like that for a whole ten seconds and once my eyes were opened, I am no longer Brina.

»•» ⚠️ «•«

Dritan's POV

Shit! That girl really is impossible! My mind and heart would not calm down especially the way she sounded when she hanged up the phone.

"Danielle's phone is still off"

"What really is happening here?"

Both Lorcan and Caiden said consecutively which made me looked at them before answering, "She found the one who were responsible in the suicidal reports. It is a community called Noir Rose.

"Is Danielle connected? The reason why Brina asked us to find her?" Caiden asked me in confusion but before I can answer, Lorcan shouted like he just discover an unbelievable thing, "Oh my! Don't tell me L is the mastermind?!"

I almost want to punch him for thinking about that but stop myself from doing that since we need to move fast, "The opposite actually."

"Danielle is the next victim" I said which made them dropped their mouths and eyes opened wide.

"What?! How?" Lorcan shouted surprised.

"That. She did not elaborated." I answer him disappointed then continue,"But she said to look for Lucas and I am guessing he is related to this issue."

"And she's handling L? You really let her do that alone?" Caiden asked me bewildered.

Now that he mention that, my frustration came back and so I answered him with a not so pleasing tone, "You know how she is. Once she got decided, no one can change her mind."

"Let's just follow her since she's the one who really knew about this" Lorcan said with finality then goes back to his laptop.

"Me and Caiden will locate Lucas, while you, try digging up Noir Rose." I said to Lucas then we did our individual work.