10 | Encode

Brina's POV

We are having our breakfast when mom's phone rang so she answered it then walk a steps away from me. Although I can't hear what they are talking I can still see how her expressions changes from one another. Both her eyes got big then after a seconds, she's talking like she is pleading or convincing the other person on the phone.

I wonder if something happened to the company?

"Bree sweety, you can take a day off in school today." My mom said when she returned. This surprised me, she is usually strict when it comes to studies since she did not get that privilege before. So what happened?

"Hmm" I simply answered her as I don't know what to reply. Yes, I would very much like to take a day off but my curiosity by how suspicious this seems can't let me.

When I am at the door, ready to go out, mom suddenly asked out of the blue, "What time is your lunch break?"

I looked at her confused but nonetheless answered, "Probably around 11:00 AM".

I rode my skateboard to go to school. Our house is not that far so I can ride skateboard when going to school. I am still thinking about my mom unusual behavior a while ago until I arrived at the front gate of the school.

Whispers and unwanted stares welcomed me while I am entering the school premises. I ignored them since that is normal in this University but it's just that this time, their whispers and glares are more intense.

The glares did not stop even during the class although the whispers would stopped it would start again every now and then. This continues until our lunch break and  it is starting to get on me.

So when I saw the girl from yesterday, Danielle, walking with her head down. I immediately walked right in front of her and I noticed her gloomy aura so I asked her, "You okay?". She looks like she is carrying the whole world in her back.

"I'm fine. I just suddenly lost my scholarship and got kicked out of the school, so yeah definitely fine." She says she is fine but her expressions says otherwise. Her lips are smiling but her eyes are crying.

"You know you don't have to lie to your savior, right?" I asked her while emphasizing the word savior– what she called me yesterday.

"Wait? You don't know?" I was baffled by what she said and asked her instantly, "What's what I don't know? Do I need to know something?" Hearing what I said made her shocked which confirms that I really do have something I must know.

"You really don't have an idea? I mean we just got kicked out of the school" She asked in a 'not-believing-you tone'. We?

By me silence, she knew that I really don't have an idea so she speak while nodding her head slowly, "So now you know, congrats! Not a week and we already got our school vacation!" she kind of shouted it but I still noticed a little bit of sadness in her voice.

"Why would we got kicked out all of a sudden?" I asked her since I can't really see the reason why would that happen. Is this the phone call mom got and after she suddenly acted strange?

"It's not really impossible if we just upset the so called queen of this university, Ms. Lee." She said in a defeated tone like she gave up and just accepted her fate.

"So it's all because of yesterday's events? And can you please explained the whole thing?" I asked her since she kept her answers short and I don't plan to converse with her the whole day.

"Ms. Leina Lee is the queen of this school. Basically what she wants, she gets it. I guess being in the family of one of the shareholders here got her the title. Anyway, she got humiliated in front of the Supreme Kairos yesterday and so she ordered that we must be kicked out of this place"

Supreme Kairos? I have been hearing that name these past few days. Are they really celebrity? Well, it must be for that Leina girl to kicked us out just because she got humiliated in front of them.

"And? The school actually kicked us out for that petty reason?" I asked her with now more irritated voice.

"I heard she threatened to withdraw their shares if we don't get kick out and somehow the story changed. When I talked to the principal, he said that we bullied Ms. Leina Lee which is enough reason to kick us out"

 Hearing her answer made me more irritated so I decided to talk to the principal personally. Without answering her back, I started walking towards the building where the principal office is located.

I am surprised by what I saw when I barged in the principal's office. My mom kneeling in front of the principal while saying in her crying voice, "Please let my Brina stay in this school, this would let her have a bright future".

It sure would be. I mean Beste University is the top one University here so surely once you graduate here, expect your future to be bright.

"Mom!" I immediate run towards her and help her stand up.

"Finally! You should bring your mom back home" The principal speak and started to walk out of the room not even bothering to hear our answers.

"Aren't you supposed to give us a valid reason?" I asked him before he can walked out of the room. 

He stopped and spoke with his back still facing us, "Sorry but bullying is enough reason to kick students out of the university."

"I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about how you concluded we bullied someone without evidences." I talked back with my face and voice void of any emotions. This seems to surprised him as he suddenly faced us.

"Ms. Lee and the guidance counselor presented a video evidence with you speaking to her with derogatory words and if you don't know this is actually a verbal bullying. So it is clear that you are bullying her" The principal spoke with his voice getting irritated by a minute.

That video probably happened when I am saying that she is a coward yesterday. Now this is what happens in the society nowadays, they see self-defense as bullying. It will just be a matter of how powerful the person is to be called a victim.

Not to mention videos is not always the truth, sometimes it is presented by how the person wanted it– evil editing. 

"It is not an evidence if you did not investigate it thoroughly. Yes, that video was presented against me but not in the whole situation. Because you only looked at one's perspective, specifically at someone who got power right?"

I spoke in dead tone, not hinting a bit of emotions on my voice and face. Before he can talk back, I spoke again, this time finishing the conversation.

"Someday you will see how to look in a phoenix's perspective. Something you can't help but to believe because it is the truth behind the situation."

After saying that, I immediately urge my mom and we walked out of the office not waiting for him to speak.

Maybe it is time to encode Z.

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

So did you catch THAT?

Our Zero speaking straight fact there!

Anyway, shout out to Mi Wattpad Famillia! Ang solid ng fam na to grabe 🥺 I Purple You All! 💜

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!