50 | Harm

Dritan's POV

When I thought that everything is well – we already found Lucas' location and in fact, we are on our way to that place, when Tsilla also found L's location, and I can already feel that we are so close in solving this case.

A sudden news abruptly changed it.

"Stop the car" I coldly said right after I read what Mr. Lowell texted me. Caiden then hurriedly stopped the care creating a loud screech and causing our head to push forward with a force.

I saw both of them, looking at me with confusion and so I answered them, "Mr. Lowell texted me. Code Red."

That made them dropped their mouth with eyes wide open and so I continue, "We gotta go at the police station."

"Of all time, why now?" After processing the situation, Caiden asked me in his baffled tone.

I sighed then simply answered him, "Chaos don't make appointments"

"Then what about Lucas?" Lorcan asked in a disturbed tone, "What about Noir Rose?"

Right after Lucas said that, my phone suddenly vibrated and so I gestured to them to be quiet as I answered the call.

I was about to say my hello but then the other line spoke as soon as I answered the call, "Give me the Incinerate of Execution tournament's timeline."

I was surprised to hear how serious she sounded but still answered her question, "Next round will happen next week, semi-finals after that week, then another three days before the championship."

I noticed she became silent after that and I don't like what feels it is giving me so I asked her, "Why?"

"Nothing" is what she only replied to me and I am not satisfies to that so I asked her again, hoping to hear an assurance, "We will grab the Executors' Cup, right?"

Silence passed for minute before she answered with, "Hm."

That is not an assurance I want. Her answer was neither a Yes nor a No.

Feeling frantic, I immediately spoke, "Wha–", but was interrupted as she immediately talk without even waiting for me to finish what I was saying then ended the call, "I gotta go."

Our conversation did not left my mind ever since, even when we are on our way to the police station. I am really bothered by how she sounded. It is not just seriousness, it is more than that. Her voice sounded so melancholy.

Yes, we decided to check what Mr. Lowell has something to say to us first before handling Lucas'. It is very rare for us to be called to the station plus even under the code RED. 

It was the term use for an urgent matter or cases but it was usually for those who really works with them – police officers – not for Supreme Kairos. If we are involved with that, it can also mean one thing – it is related to Z.

And so, without second thought, we immediately make it as my first priority than Lucas'. I know, biased and selfish. But can you blame me? For having to prioritize myself than the others? For wanting to meet someone I have been longing to meet for a very long time?

"We're here" Caiden voice brought me back from my deep thoughts.

We immediately step outside the car and run towards the station.

Right after I saw Mr. Lowell, I immediately asked him, "What is it?"

I knew I acted rude but I can't help it especially that my mind are occupied by a lot of things at the same time – mostly by Tsilla's unusual tone, Noir Rose case, and this.