39 | Noir Rose

Brina's POV

"Ugh? Are we missing something?" Lorcan asked right after we did our team training for today.

"I'm pretty sure you don't" I simply answered him before walking towards the couch and turn on the television. I don't even know what to watch, I just turn it on so the room won't have a silent air.

"But I'm pretty sure something happen between you two" This time, Caiden spoke while pointing both, Cadmus and I.

"Agree. You both are avoiding each other! Especially in the game" L said while nodding her head in agreement to what Caiden said before.

So, they noticed huh? I mean after that talk last night, I have been avoiding Cadmus. I can't help but to be awkward! Just looking at him, I can already feel the awkward atmosphere and so I just avoided him.

I remained silent and continue watching the television even though I don't understand the thing I am watching. I just want something to do in order for me to have an excuse to ignore whatever questions they have.

And I thought me, ignoring them would make the topic died down but nope, Lorcan still brought it up! But this time, it was now Cadmus who he is attacking with questions and not me.

"Com'n capt! You can't hide a secret with us!" Lorcan shouted in a whining tone while shaking Cadmus' arms like what a baby would do.

"Ya! Caiden! Why don't you help me with this?" Lorcan suddenly turn to Caiden who is now checking his phone up.

"Not really my business" Caiden glanced at Lorcan and simply answered. Well knowing Caiden, he's personality is really not that nosy. I mean as long as he is not involved, he would not really pry on that matters.

"Tsk!" Lorcan hissed then looked at Cadmus again before speaking, "So what really happened between you two?"

A sudden ring of phone interrupted their conversation. Cadmus picked up his phone the move a little away from us before talking to the caller.

Lorcan just hissed then looked at me with his prying eyes but I just raised my eyebrows at him.

After a minutes, Cadmus walked towards us again and said, "There's an update."

Good thing L is not here as she excused herself for a while and go towards her room.

"What about it?" Caiden asked him in a serious tone.

"There has been a consecutively reports of suicidal teens for the past 24 hours. They think it is related to this case." Cadmus said while looking at each of us with so much intensity.

Not wasting a second, I stand up and walked towards the door. But before I can even grab the door knob, Cadmus asked a question, "Where are you going?"

I turned around to face him then simply answered, "I'll do my part. Don't want to waste time, don't we?"

He nodded then said, "Be back before the sun sets"

I just shrugged my shoulder before opening the door and walked out – ready to do my part.

»•» ⚠️ «•«

I am currently on my way towards the student affairs office when I saw Lucas, walking in the opposite direction of mine. I would have ignored him but he saw me then called my name, "Brina!"

I stopped and waited for him since he ran right after he called me.

"What's up?" He asked after calming his heavy breathing.

I simply answered him, "I am going to student affairs office. I'll asked about my concerns I told you yesterday."

"Oh! That's good! I just visited them a while ago and briefed the secretary about that." He said then continue, "By the way, I can't accompany you today as I have some matters to attend to."

I zoned out looking at his body slowly disappearing from my sight as he ran towards the exit gate.

That was suspicious.

Oh well maybe he was just really concerned and so I ignored that little voice in my head. I continue walking towards the student affairs office then knocked three times before opening the door.

"Good Afternoon, Miss?" A lady greeted me right after I step foot inside and so I replied with, "Brina"

"Then what can I do to you, Miss Brina?" She said and smiled. Creepily.

"I was looking if you know a group of friends or community where I can share my inner concerns?" I asked her not beating around the bush.

She stopped for a minute before speaking enthusiastically, "Then you must be the one Lucas' talking about!"

"Uh, I guess? Anyway, do you know one?" I asked her again as I don't really feel like wasting my time in a useless thing.

"Why so forward? Anyway Miss Brina, I do have something to offer you." She said in a business tone which I liked since it just mean that she is now serious.

I waited for her to say what it was but instead she asked me a question, "It will depend on your answer."

"What can you do for the members whose in this community too?"

Why do I felt something about her question? It must be a tricky question. I concentrated on finding the right answer but not even a word crosses my mind! I can't think of anything.

What do normal people should answer? What do I have to answer? What is it? Ugh! Nothing comes up on my mind!

Oh shit! That's it!

"Nothing" I said that with a lot of conviction like I am really proud of my answer.

She seem taken aback by my answer as she was frozen for a while before speaking, "You perfectly answered that but may I know why?"

"What can I do to others if me, myself is empty and nothing?" I truthfully answered her.

She smiled again but this time it is not creepy anymore, it is a genuine smile.

"Then I would like to introduce you to this certain group chat which is solely made for the student to express their emotions when they don't have someone to talk to." She said then brought up her phone before continuing, "You can only access it through a link, and so may I have your number?"

I immediately gave her my number without a second thought. I mean that's what I am here for anyway, right?

After that, I am on my way to the training room when I received a text message from the unknown number:

Noir Rose

hxxps://NoirO.Co/eDic_iuS

Once you clicked that, there is no backing out!

Shit. This is it.

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

Want a hint? Be mindful of the link! 😉

Being attentive to everything around you will never put you in danger!

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!