47 | Started

Brina's POV

I arrived at the mall. No, I am not lost. I really planned to go to a public place where I can connect to the internet with ease and would not endanger my IP address or more precisely my identity.

Of course I still need to hide my identity, if I want to play until the tournament's championship. I picked the place where there are public wi-fi and a lot of people – food court. I sat at the corner then immediately opened my personalized laptop.

I just gathered the data from my home and so I still did not knew L's exact whereabouts. I planned to find it here where no one will notice me. 

Finding someone's exact location may need to access several systems and so if I used my own internet or whatever, I may risk my identity although I can secured it just fine. Better to be safe right? Besides it is much easier to hide in public place than in private.

On my way here, I already sent Cadmus the new information I found. And also instructed them of what are they going to do. Lucas' location may be much easier to locate than with L's and so I assigned Lorcan with it.

Caiden also informed me that the police are now checking the nearby places and blocking the road for a security check-point. By the way we smoothly handled this sudden event, I felt like we will also smoothly solved this.

I hope so.

After pulling some strings and codes, I successfully connected both to the public and private internet of this mall. I also secured all my walls and systems. I as usual create a lot of dummy systems in case of emergency.

With these, I am now ready.

I immediate created a system where I will see the whole map of the nearby places with real time updates. Meaning I can see all the people going to wherever they want. The map is showcasing a bunch of dots moving slowly.

In a new window, I hacked all the CCTVs nearby the competition venue to find something useful. So far, there are only one CCTV who caught a glanced at the scene but it did not fully showed it, it was a blind spot.

But by analyzing the angle of the car's tires and the shadow left by the people in the scene, I can see that they go south. And so I hacked the CCTVs in the south. Main road's CCTVs are in my least priority right now as I knew those are what the police will check first. I focus on the side road or those place that is hidden.

Checking the CCTVs will give me the direction of what path they took. So I started with this method first.

There are now three roads I suspected they took. Although the CCTV from the venue did not fully caught the whole car, it still showed its color – Black. And calculating the time they left and the exact location of these cameras. These three roads have a higher possibility that it is the path they took.

At least it narrowed down all the possible roads they took. But if I were going to review these three, I may need a longer time which is risky. I can do two at the same time, but three? I may have to ask someone if I want to find L as soon as possible. Time is our only chance for now.

I contacted Cadmus while not breaking my hand's movement in the laptop. I connected the call through my earpiece I am wearing so I don't need to hold the phone in my ear anymore.

"Lorcan" I simply said as soon as he answered the call, minutes later I heard a little shuffled sound on the other line, he must have gave it to Lorcan already.

So without waiting for Lorcan's to speak, I spoke, "Guard the car with AJK 4685. Start with the CCTV located in Heru place."

"Copy" Right after I heard that I ended the call by clicking something on the earpiece.