13 | Participant

Brina's POV

"Don't you have something else to do?" I asked Danielle who has been following me from the every single day since we got enrolled again, but this time I've got enough of it! She would not leave my side even for a bit, it is actually kind of irritating since I can't do things I wanted to do alone.

"Uhm.. Have you decided already?" She has been asking me that every time I tried to shoo her away. She's talking about the competition lead by what they call 'Supreme Kairos', which would happen tomorrow.

I ignored her question as I don't know what to answer so she asked me again, "If you don't want to join, then can you please at least attend the competition? Even just as an audience? You know, you are actually the first friend I met here and your presence would give me assurance."

Wait. Friends? We are already friends? How so? But I did not asked her about that anymore and instead answered, "You'll see."

I took one step and felt her took one too so I faced her again and said, "Not to be rude but can you please leave me alone for a while? I really just need to do something, alone." I tried my best to convey that not in a rude way, and I hope it did.

"Sure! But I hope we are still friends?" She answered in questioning tone. I am confused by her words so I asked her, "Why do you even want to be friends with me?"

"The first time you helped me, I already want you to be my friend and last week, when you said that lines Justice may be late but it will never be absent, I already confirmed in my head that you are my friend" She  mimic my voice when she said those lines.

"Well that's your life not my business but anyway can you give me alone time today?" I asked her in which she replied with an excited okay.

I immediately walked towards the rooftop, you can say that this place is definitely my favorite. I am so glad this university have this as many other university don't have or they might have one but not accessible to all the students.

Now that I am alone, I just realized that I can't do what I want to do. I forgot my tablet slash notebook the day I revealed the news and for sure those guys got it. Ugh I mentally face palmed for forgetting about that.

Since I am already here and I can't do nothing about that, I decided to just cut class and sleep here. The ambiance here is actually so cozy especially when the sun set, around the time of our dismissal.

»•» ⚠️ «•«

Lorcan's POV

Today is the day where the competition would be held, many participants are already lined up on the side, waiting to get their team number. As expected, most of them are from the computer department, less than five people from those expelled students joined.

We hoped that we get to recruit at least three people from this university. Although the chances are low since most of them play e-games just for fun not really for professional reason. 

The venue would be the university's theater as it is easy to place different equipment we are going to use in this event. Supreme Kairos will be watching the game at the backstage while some faculty members are assisting this event.

After all the preparation, the competition started. There would be a total of six teams with five players each and they would battle each other. So in the end, three teams would won but the decision of recruiting members are still on us, Supreme Kairos.

Meaning, win or lose you still get a chance to be recruited. In this competition we will solely focus on the player's maneuvering of keyboards or how they executed their skills. An individual's skill is also a major part of a team battle.

Hours past and we are now in the second team battle, almost coming to an end. Suddenly a faculty run up to us making all of us surprised as he arrived with a panic expression seen in his face.

"The last team are short of one member, the supposedly player suddenly got stomach ache and can't continue to play in this event" The faculty said while breathing so hard which made it hard to understand but still, we got the main point. Short of one member.

I looked at our captain, Dritan, since most of the time he excelled in assessing the sudden situation and would come up with a sensible solution.

"The game would still continue, we can't do anything about that one member" he suddenly spoke after a second. I am confused because that is not a sensible solution for this?

"You know that each team in a team battle should have five players before the game start, right?" I asked him in a cautious tone.

"Yes. Caiden would stand-in as a player however, he won't make any moves, he would literally log in to the game just for the sake of completing the start up." He said answering me but it just made me even more confused.

"Wouldn't that make the fight unfair? I mean it would literally be four against five?" I asked Dritan but Caiden answered me, "Of course we will ask for their approval before doing it but they are most probably to agree since if not, then the fight would be forfeited."

TEAM B WINS!

An announcement was heard right after Caiden spoke indicating that the second team battle finished already and it is time for the third round. We looked at each other before I spoke to the faculty member who is now more calm, "Can you asked the third round participants here and gave at least five minute break?"

He immediately nod his head before running off. Minutes later, participants walked inside this room and Dritan did not waste a second as he instantly question without explaining the situation, "Are you up for a four against five battle?"

All the participants are lost by the sudden question so I immediately explain briefly the situation, "Team A's one member suddenly got sick thus can't play anymore so we decided to replace him with Caiden but he would not move in the game. He would just be there for the start up."

I am surprised that all of them agreed, maybe this fight is really important to them. Also a true fighter is not afraid of the numbers.

When it was already settled, the participants are already on their way to walked out of the room and go the main stage where the battle would happened, but suddenly the same faculty member dashed inside again with sweat in his forehead.

"There's one more participants who wants to join!" The faculty member shouted excitedly, making us looked at him confused. I mean why would someone join a competition that would almost come to an end?

A figure suddenly walked inside and someone from the Team's A player abruptly shouted a name,

"OMG BRINA!"

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

This chapter should have been more longer but laziness suddenly got me plus editing is tempting me these past few days!

Anyway, the plot is slowly building up so I hope you all would continue to support this until we finally decipher CODE Z!

- DI MO PA REN SURE -

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!