I was about to go to the second floor when a faint sound resonated. It sounded like a scream although it was faint and quick. I instantly stopped what I was doing then focus my mind and ears waiting for the sound to resonate again.

Not long after, the faint scream resonated again and so I instantly focus my hearing, locating where it came from.

It definitely came from somewhere near me. Since the voice was faint and kinda muffled, I concluded that it was somewhere compacted.

Shit. Do this house have a secret room or something?

Now that I looked around the house, I can say that this was owned by a wealthy family just by the decors and the design. And most of the wealthy family have those secret room where they would hide their money.

Without a second thought I started rummaging through all the decors, hoping to move something that would lead me to whatever secret room this house have. I halt my movement when I saw the big painting hanging on the wall, moving slowly in sideways direction. After a seconds, I saw a dark passage with a dim light of the candles on the wall.

I scanned the surrounding once again before walking in that dark passage. As I walk further, the sound of hitting something became louder. When I arrived at the end of the passage, there is a black door with an initial L.C written on it.

I disregard that initial as I leaned my ear to the door, trying to hear what is happening inside. I heard a sound of hitting something followed by a muffled scream. Thinking it must be Lucas getting beat up, I sneakily opened the door. I was surprised to know that it was not locked.

Tss, they really think I would not found out their plan huh?

Without making a sound, the door was finally opened enough for me to sneak inside. The room was darker than the passage, but I can make out an image of two persons through the silhouette. One person probably L's brother was hitting the other person on the ground whom I assumed to be Lucas.

I still did not move, I scanned the surrounding of the room to formulate a plan. When I am done, I silently grabbed one of my kunai hiding in my shoes, aimed to the target, then throw it with force. I am sure I would not miss it and so before my kunai even reached the target, I instantly ran towards a book shelf to hide myself.

"Oh shit!"

A scream resonated the room at the same time I arrived to the book shelf. I peeked through the small spaces between the books to see what's happening to those two people. L's brother was still shouting different words as he was holding his bloody hand.

Yes, I aimed at his hand even though I can hit his other parts which is more critical. I don't do that, I am not that kind of person.

Violence is beneath me.

After calming himself, he hurriedly looked around trying to see who threw the kunai. While he was doing that, I am eyeing Lucas — formulating a plan to save him. Lucas have a lot of bruises on his body and face. He was beaten up badly. I also saw a glimpsed of blood on the ground.

"Who the fuck are you?!" L's brother exclaimed when he saw nothing.

I answered him in a sarcastic tone using a mic that would let me changed my voice, "Aren't you looking for me?"

He stopped for a minute probably think who I might be. Then he shouted hesitantly, like what he was saying is so impossible, "Z?! Aren't you supposed to be in South?!"

Instead of answering him, I turned on the speaker to say my message to him, then left it to the book shelf before sneakily crawling towards the couch to hide again. A morse code can be heard repeatedly through the room,

.. / .- -- / .- -. --- -. -.-- -- --- ..- ...

.. / -.. --- / -. --- - / ..-. --- .-. --. .. ...- .

.. / -.. --- / -. --- - / ..-. --- .-. --. . –

. -..- .--. . -.-. - / - .... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --..

I saw him walking towards the shelf with his gun on guard, probably looking where the sound is coming from. And while he was doing that, I silently run towards Lucas whose still on the ground with no energy. In fact, he was almost lifeless.

I immediately start untying those ropes on his feet and hands. While doing that, I am also shaking him lightly to wake him up. He did although his eyes was close to shutting down, at least I knew he was conscious.

It was going smoothly not until I heard a loud sound.

A gunshot.

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

I suddenly enjoyed typing in my phone so this chapter is a little bit longer than the previous one.

The story is about to take a lot of turns so embrace yourself for a wholesome ride!

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!