»•» ⚠️ «•«

Brina's POV

After doing a lot of works on my laptop, I set off to go to L's location. Yes, I did find her whereabouts but I have a different feeling about it.

Her location is actually in a place where there are a lot of people, a lively and popular place. I am just baffled if she is actually there, I mean the crime scene of those recent suicidal reports are mostly done in their individual house where no one is present. So why is L in a popular place?

Is the Noir Rose changing their pattern?

If that is the case then it is alarming! I mean we would not get a hint or something as we can't rely on the past reports if they really changed their pattern.

Looks like I really need to be wary of this Noir Rose.

I sped up my car not bothering about those damn traffic rules! My friend is in danger and I those rules can't stop me!

I keep glancing back and forth at my phone, showing a map with two dots. The red one for the target then the black one for me.

Brina would arrive at L's location at approximately 45 minutess but Z can do that in 15 minutes. Just like what I said, those damn rules would never stop Z. Why do you think the law loathed that name for?

I heard a consecutively loud screech every time I changed lane and I don't care. I need to be there as soon as possible.

15 minutes and 46 seconds. Damn! Is this an effect of Z's disappearance for a long time? My skills regressed? Tss.

I shrugged that silly thought and immediately get out of the car to go at the exact location of L. While walking, I kept glancing at my phone and can't help but to worry. So I sped up may walking phase and soon I saw that the black dot is almost covering up the red dot. Meaning I am near L now.

I stopped walking then looked around trying to find her since the red dot is below the black now.

My heartbeat suddenly skyrocketed when my eyes landed on the person I am looking for. Fear, worry, panic, every negative emotions I could feel suddenly came rushing on me at the same time.

I saw her on the other side of the road being dragged towards the narrow street by a man!

I ran towards her in panic mode and so I saw how the cars who were passing by abruptly stopped creating a loud screech when I ran but I seems not to hear it. My solely goal was to reach L before it is too late and so I blocked out my surrounding not to get distracted.

"L!" I shouted so loud I felt the pain in my throat but she's far away for it to hear.

I once again sped up my running phase not bothering those people who I collided with. Now that the gap is much closer, I once again shouted her name on top of my lungs, "DANIELLE!"

They stopped.

I stopped. Shocked.

No criminal would stopped when someone called their target's name and in fact they would do the opposite, they would fasten up their phase. But L and the guy stopped.

I expected L to stopped but not the guy. The reason why I am so fucking confused!

"Brina!" I heard L's voice which brought me up to reality and I right away ran towards her then I slashed their hands to make them separated.

"What's wrong Brina?!" L asked me, clearly shocked by what I did.

"He's trying to harm you!" I answered her and I though she would immediately step back and go to my sides but instead she stood frozen while looking at me bewildered.

"What?! He is not!" She answered me in a surprised tone, "He is my older brother's friend so I knew him for a long time and he is actually here to fetch me to my brother's place."

What the hell?

"WHAT?!" I asked her definitely bewildered by what she said.

"Excuse me Miss, but we are going to be late if we stayed here for more minutes." I glanced at the guy who suddenly spoke.

"Rest assured that I won't harm Danielle." He continue without waiting for me to speak.

"Sorry Brina, but we really are in hurry. Bye! Be safe on your way home!" L said then I saw their figures slowly became small until they disappeared in my sight.

I stood there frozen trying to think what did I missed.

Did Z, for the first time got her data wrong?

And I hope she did.

At least L would not be in danger anymore.

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

Lol I felt like this is not what I expected this chapter would be 🤭

Anyway, Laziness is slowly consuming me 😀

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!