122.

The game had started. Five minutes in and McKinley had already scored a goal.

“Okay boys!” coach yelled as he kept pacing back and forth before the Kentworth bleachers while clapping his hands, his attention fixed on the game before him. “Let’s Go! Let’s Go! Let’s go! We still got time!”

As you could imagine, the energy on the McKinley bleachers was crazy and their cheerleaders cheered on with an amazing energy.

“Go! McKinley Go!” Every one of them yelled in unison as they jumped and waved their pom-poms with excitement.

On the field, Trevor and his teammates were figuring out a way to equalize, at least before half time. The ball was passed to Trevor, before he swiftly fought his way past two McKinley players. As he passed them, he could hear the cheers of the crowd increasing with intensity.

“Go!” he heard people scream. “Go!”

Trevor ran as fast as he could, managing to keep the ball in place as he steadied himself to give a powerful shot towards the post. He could feel the heat of a McKinley player coming closer and suddenly thought it was now or never.

Trevor gave a powerful kick that sent the ball soaring towards the post. His heart was literally in his throat as the ball appeared to be heading straight into the net.

He dropped his shoulder with despair as he saw the McKinley goal-keeper leap into the air and grab the ball.

He held his waist and looked to the floor, shaking his head with disappointment.

“Good ball Trev!” He could hear the coach scream as he clapped. “Good job!”

Another opportunity came for Kentworth. This time, Bruce was with the ball.

He was sprinting towards the post once more as the cheers of the crowd began to rise again. Three McKinley players blocked his path and he thought of how he would squeeze his way through, but even he knew he wasn’t as skilled as Trevor.

“Bruce!” Lance yelled. “I’m open! I’m open!”

Bruce took one look at Lance and then looked back at the McKinley players waiting for him infront. For some reason, he would rather go for it than pass the ball to Lance.

Hell, this was his chance.

He wasn’t going to let anyone still his glory.

“Dude,” Trevor yelled from across the field. “Pass the ball to Lance!”

“No fucking way,” Bruce thought.

Then he ran towards the opposing players standing a few yards before the goal post.

“Bruce, what the fuck are you doing!” Caleb screamed, but Bruce ignored them all.

When Bruce was close enough, one of the opposing players dove in, but Bruce was quick to fire a heavy shot before the player’s feet could hit the ball.

The ball went flying towards the post, before it bounced off the bar.

“Fuuuck!” Bruce looked up to the sky and roared with rage.

The cheers of the Kentworth supporters died down immediately.

“What the fuck man?” Bruce heard someone come towards him from the side. He turned and then saw an obviously angry Lance trudging towards him. “I was fucking open. What the hell is wrong with you?”

Bruce reached forward and pushed Lance out of his sight like he was some kid that didn’t matter. “Get lost.”

Lance stood there, seething as he watched Bruce walk away. He then felt someone pat his shoulders and pull him away. “Come on, man,” Caleb said. “It’s okay.”

Trevor them hurried over and patted his shoulder too. “Yeah. We still got time, you right?”

The game went on for the thirty minutes and McKinley hadn’t scored another goal, neither had Kentworth equalized.

Okay people,” the commentator announced. “We’ve got roughly ten minutes left in this game. Is Kentworth high going to be able to equalize, or is McKinley going to give another goal.”

“Watch your side, Peter!” Trevor yelled to one of his team-mates as they hurried towards their post again. “Watch your side!”

Trevor made his way to the front, right beside the post and waited for the ball to reach him.

It was that simple.

Peter passed the ball to Caleb, and Caleb tackled his was past a McKinley player, before he shot the ball straight to Trevor.

“Trev!” Caleb yelled. “Your ball!”

But before Trevor could moving in, one of their opponents had intercepted the pass. It was all the more annoying to Trevor that it was Kyle who had the ball now and was sprinting down the field in what looked like a counter attack.