36.

"Jesus Christ, Stephanie." Lenny groaned.

"What?" Stephanie raised her shoulder.

"Don't you get it?" Lenny went on. "The dude is gay. He's never going to be interested in you."

Stephanie rolled her eyes. "I know that you jackass. I know what gay means."

"Then why the hell are you still on his case?"

"Because something is not right about this, Lenny." She fires back before she looked to where Lance and Trevor were seated a few minutes ago. "I can feel it."

"Oh. What? You've got a sixth sense now?" Lenny scoffed.

She turned and gave Lenny a glare that made his smirk disappear immediately.

"Lenny," she began. "You said it yourself. Trevor and his friends were making fun of Lance a few weeks ago after Lance found out he had gotten him as a tutor."

"Okay?" Lenny mumbled.

"..and all of a sudden, Trevor Bowman is being isolated from his friends for what reason exactly?" Stephanie's question was rhetorical.

"He had gotten a fa....i mean..gay guy to be his tutor, Stephanie." Lenny hissed. "That's enough to freak anyone's friends out. There are so many straight A students in class, but Trevor picked Lance."

"Exactly," Stephanie docked her head at her best friend. "Why? Why Lance?"

"Oh my god, woman," Lenny rolled his eyes, massaged his temple and shook his head. "You are impossible."

"What happened at the last soccer practice you guys had?" Stephanie looked curious now. "Did they fight again."

"Yeah...well...no." Lenny stuttered. "Bruce and Trevor were the ones who fought actually."

"Wait," Stephanie gripped her table tight in shock with widened eyes. "What? Bruce and Trevor?"

"Yes Stephanie," Lenny was getting tired now. "I just said that, didn't I?"

"Why did they fight?"

"Stephanie, come on....I -"

"Talk!" Stephanie's bark startled Lenny stiff and echoed round the Library. A few heads turned in thier direction, but Stephanie did not care. He eyes were still fixed on Lenny, waiting for an answer.

"I don't know...I mean..i really can't remember," Lenny said. "..but it was the fact that Trevor was defending Lance when Bruce was calling him names. That's what got me thinking."

Lenny watched as Stephanie's eyes narrowed slowly. "Trevor was defending...Lance? from...Bruce?"

Lenny shrugged.

Stephanie looked away from him and then stared into space. Trevor Bowman was standing up for Lance Tiffin.....against Bruce.

It was clear to Stephanie now that something was up. Stephanie Morris' instincts were never wrong when it came to things like this.

She could feel it. She could feel Lance was in danger.

"Can we go now?" Lenny's voice yanked her from her thoughts. "It's almost time for Physics."

Stephanie turned and looked at her friend as if she had just discovered he was in the seat beside her.

"Yeah.." She said. "Yeah sure."

The both of them started to gather thier books in their bags and folders, before they got up and made thier way to the door.

Stephanie couldn't just shake the feeling. She had watched Trevor ask Lance if he could sit with him in the cafeteria some time ago. Trevor had chosen Lance of all people to be his tutor and she had watched them both sit together in the library a few minutes ago. Now, Lenny had just told her that Bruce and Trevor fought after practise a few days ago, .......and Trevor was defending Lance against Bruce.

Stephanie shook her head as she followed close behind Lenny while they made thier way out of the Library and into the hall way. She couldn't shake the feeling off her. It was tearing her apart.

Something was definitely wrong.

Stephanie Morris wasn't going to rest until she found out what was going on.