80.

Lenny

Lenny just sat there on the large grey couch at the far side of the living room with a bottle of beer some random person had pushed into his hands. He watched the chaos in form of party crazed teenagers unfold before him. He kept his eyes on two girls who were dancing with a single guy; one girl behind and another in front. The both of them grinding on the guy mercilessly.

His eyes then moved to a particular blonde girl that had been watching him ever since he sat on that couch. He took one look at her and knew she was drunk, so he totally chose to ignore her seductive stares.

“What the fuck are you doing here?” Lenny heard the humour in the familiar voice. He looked up and wasn’t surprised when he saw Lance smirking down at him.

Lenny raised his brows a little when he saw Lance standing right beside his couch with his hands in his pocket. He obviously couldn’t hold his surprise.

“I’m supposed to be asking you that question,” Lenny’s slight surprise had now turned in to curiosity.

Lance moved over and dropped to a sit beside Lenny who was now looking at him as though he had grown two heads. Lenny immediately noticed Lance's eyes. Lance looked like he had not slept for weeks. He didn’t really know what was going on, or what had gotten into Lance.

They sat together at the farewell party in Paris, Lance had helped him with two of his coolers after practice, and here he was; talking, sitting beside him on a couch and smirking at him.

It was all too confusing.

Or was it because they were room-mates during thier trip to Paris? Even then, Lenny remembered that they hardly spoke.

“I guess I’m beginning to grow fond of you,” Lance’s words made Lenny's eyes widen.

It was as if Lance had just answered his thoughts. Lance turned to him and then looked down at the bottle of beer in his hand.

“Are you going to drink that?” He asked.

Lenny tore his eyes away from Lance and looked down at the bottle in his hand; as if he had not realised he was holding it all along.

“Well, I-”

Lance didn’t even wait for Lenny to finish his response before he reached across and took the bottle of beer from Lenny’s hand.

“Thanks,” he said as he totally ignored Lenny’s astonished eyes watching him.

He popped the cap of the bottle open and raised the bottle to his lips for a gulp, before he looked down and smiled at Lenny who was still confused. “Oh come on,” he said. “You don’t take booze.”

Lenny opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it when he realised Lance was right. He didn’t take beer. He had never had a bottle of beer before in his life.

Lance’s malicious smirk slowly became wider and more annoying and that was why Lenny turned away and glanced in the direction of the blonde girl who was staring at him earlier. He felt his heart leap when he saw she still had her eyes on him. He immediately looked away and glanced at two guys who were sitting on the floor on the corner. One of them was smoking weed, while the other had a girl on his lap and was making out with her.

“God. Isn’t there anything decent to look at anymore?” Lenny thought.

He looked away from the teens at the corner and then back at the blonde girl. She still had her eyes on him even as she raised her plastic cup to her lips and took a sip of her beer.