33.

Trevor and his friends hung out at Blinley's that evening and told everyone what had gone down during soccer practice that day.

"You know," Trevor tilted his head at Bruce. "You really didn't have to punch me, Bruce."

Aaron suddenly burst into a hysterical laughter while slapping the table with his palms and his eyes shut tight.

"Sorry bro," Bruce shrugged. "...was just trying to make it realistic."

"So you had to knock his teeth out?" Lisa spat as he glared at Bruce.

"Relax babe," Trevor placed his hand on his girl friend's shoulder with a kind smile. "He didn't knock my teeth out. It just wasn't expected, that's all."

"Either way,"she went on. "..that was too much."

"Look Lisa, " Aaron wasn't laughing anymore, but they could all see tears in his eyes. "Lance is smart. Anything we did out there had to be believable."

"Exactly," Bruce supported.

Lisa clenched her jaws and glared at Bruce one more time. Trevor stared at her and could swear she wanted to reach across the table and knock Bruce's lights out.

"I agree," Nadia added. "besides, what punch could Bruce possibly give Trevor that he hasn't taken from Lance already?"

The entire table erupted in laughter. Trevor looked round and saw everyone laughing hard. Aaron and Bruce were clutching their bellies while Nadia and Megan were slapping the table with tears in thier eyes. The entire scenario appeared so amusing, Trevor found himself chuckling and shaking his head just like Caleb was. He turned and saw Lisa laughing too, but in a controlled manner with her hand covering her mouth; almost as if she didn't want Trevor to know she found it funny.

After Trevor got home that evening, he got a call from Lisa asking if she could come over. He checked the time....

8:12PM.

He also remembered his mum wasn't coming home till morning.

"Sure," he replied.

Lisa came over and they both cuddled up on the three seater Couch and watched 'Twilight' together. "God," Lisa uttered in admiration. "Taylor is so hot."

Trevor scoffed and then Lisa looked up at him with a mischievous grin. "Some is jealous."

"I'm not jealous," Trevor sneered.

"Yeah..," Lisa laughed and faced the TV again. "...Right."

After the movie was done, Lisa looked up at him and asked, "So where's the dress?"

Trevor looked down at her with wide eyes as the smile on her face grew wider. He was shocked. Shocked and happy. Lisa was finally asking for the dress. She had come here twice before and they had sex, but she had not taken the dress home possibly because of guilt. Now she here she was, asking for it.

"It's - it's upstairs," Trevor stuttered. "In my closet. In my room."

Lisa quickly lifted herself off his lap and darted for the stairs. She came down a few minutes later with the large box and a large smile on her face. "Gotta go."

Trevor got up, moved to her and held her waist. "You're not sleeping over?" He asked.

"Nope."

Lisa wiggled out of his grip, walked to the door and held the knob before she turned to Trevor and stared at him with a wry smile on her face.

"What?" Trevor asked with furrowed brows of confusion.

"Nothing," Lisa said, before she pulled the door open.

"Lisa," Trevor's voice made her freeze and turn back again.

"Yes?"

"I love you," he said.

Lisa gave him an awkward smile and replied with quiet "Yeah." Then she turned away, walked out the door and shut it behind her.

Lance

Lance checked the time on his phone.

11:45 PM

He saw the seven missed calls from his parents that he had ignored. "Fuckers."

Then he pushed the phone back into his pocket and took a drag of his weed. Lance sat there on the ground with his legs stretched forward and his back resting against a large boulder. The cool night breeze blew at his face as he stared out into the large lake before him. The beautiful Lake Kentworth appeared to be glowing thanks to the reflection of the silver moon. The stars were tiny glittering dots in the sky, crickets chirped and a group of fire-flies danced around nearby bushes and even on top the lake. It was so beautiful here at night, but yet, no one seemed to notice. That was what he loved mostly about it; the tranquillity. He was always furious when he heard stories of how teens of the town came here to have sex or to get laid. But he couldn't blame them though. If he ever had sex with anyone out here, it would be dreamy.

Lance looked up and the dark star-filled sky and took another drag of his weed and blew a puff of smoke into the air. He was not going home tonight, he was going to sleep out here.

This was his home for the night.