151.

The entire hall went up with a gasp.

The confusion on Trevor's face suddenly gave was for shock.

Tessa and Keith were so shocked, they didn't even know when their jaws dropped open.

Megan gasped, while Nadia placed her hand on her mouth and uttered, "Are you fucking kidding me?"

Lance was close to the hall entrance when he heard his name and froze. He thought he was hearing things, and so he slowly spun and saw Stephanie turn away from the stage to face him with wide eyes. He was then certain he wasn't hearing things because she had obviously heard it too.

"Lance Tiffin?" Lisa repeated again and she looked directly at him from the stage. "Could you-"

"Uhm....excuse me," Mr. Johnson interrupted as he came forward and took the mic from Lisa. "Uhm.....I'm sorry. There seem to have been a mix-up."

"No there isn't," Lisa corrected as she reached for the mic, but that man pulled it away.

"Yes there is," Mr. Johnson hissed, before he took the microphone away from his mouth, turned and growled at Lisa through his teeth. "Young lady, What the hell do you think you are doing?"

"But I thought I was allowed to pick anyone I wanted," she pressed.

"Yes," Mr. Johnson replied. "Anyone from the nominees. And as you well know, Lance Tiffin isn't a nominee."

"Does it matter?" Lisa was beginning to get irritated.

"Yes it does," the man retorted.

Lisa exhaled with frustration and glared at the vice principal. She then felt Trevor come close from behind and gently grab her by the arm. She spun and met his gentle eyes.

"Lisa, it's okay," he said.

Lisa yanked her arm away and turned to Mr. Johnson. "Even if it wasn't allowed, you don't have a right to make that decision, do you?"

"Well, yeah," Mr. Johnson shrugged. "You're right. Only the head of the Prom planning committee can approve of your choice."

"Good," Lisa replied, already smelling victory. "then call the head of the committee to the stage to decide."

Mr. Johnson sighed with exhaustion, before he turned to her and replied. "Fine." He then turned to the crowd and held the mic to his mouth. "Can the head of the Prom committee come to the stage please?" He announced. "Head of the Prom committee, your needed on stage please."

Megan turned to Nadia with surprise. "That's you."

"I know," Nadia replied, seeming reluctant. She didn't move. She just stood in place, looking nervous as hell as she gripped the fabric of her gown with sweaty palms. All the attention was on her now and she wasn't on that stage yet.

"Ms Nadia Johnson?" The man announced again. " You are needed on stage please."

Nadia suddenly felt Megan swat her shoulder. She spun with a scowl after uttering "Ouch."

"Get up there," Megan hissed.

Nadia turned away and started to make her way to the stage. She had never wanted a night to end so fast in her life. Like, if she had the power of teleportation, she would have been long gone by now.

She got to the stage and stood inbetween Lisa and the vice principal.

"Lisa," she started. "Why are you doing this to me?"

"Shh," Lisa uttered. "Chill, okay?"

Mr. Johnson held the mic to his mouth again and faced the now rowdy crowd. "Okay people," he announced. "We apologize for the inconvenience. The new queen...Miss Watson, has made her decision, yes, but it's against the committee rules."