140.

That evening, Lisa and Megan had planned a sleepover at Nadia’s house. Nadia’s parents were on a trip and so they thought they could keep Nadia company. The girls were upstairs in Nadia’s room, flipping through teen magazines…pointing out which guy was hotter and which was not. Who was dating who and who was not.

They were in the room, talking about how their day in school had gone. They were all excited at the fact that Prom was the day after tomorrow, but not as excited as Nadia was that the planning had fallen through. They talked about who was going out to the prom with who and who was wearing what.

“I saw Trish two days ago at the mall when my mum and I went to look for a dress,” Nadia uttered. “Girl had the prettiest and possibly the most expensive prom dress I had ever seen.”

“Yeah, well I doubt it’s more expensive than Lisa’s,” Megan said as she looked up at Lisa with a smirk on her face.

Lisa rolled her eyes and shook her head., before going back to her magazine.

“Damn,” Nadia coughed out a laugh as she shook her head. “The problem that dress has caused.”

“I know right,” Megan still had the smirk on her face as she flipped through those pages.

Nadia turned to Lisa. “You gonna wear the dress though?”

Lisa looked up and gave Nadia a look that seemed to ask, “Really?”

“Nadia, that dress was more than a thousand dollars,” Megan said, before she turned to Lisa with furrowed brows. “Of course she’ll wear it.”

“Okay,” Nadia uttered. “Well, what about Trevor?”

Lisa looked up at her. “What about Trevor?”

“Are you still going to go to the prom with him?” Nadia asked.

Megan spun and scowled at her. “Nadia.”

Nadia turned and raised her brows at Megan in response. “What?”

“I went to see him….after you…you know…gave him a yogurt bath?” Lisa uttered.

Megan and Nadia turned to her. “What?” Nadia replied in confusion. “Why?”

“To apologize,” Lisa shrugged.

“Apologize?” Nadia’s voice was louder now as she completely turned her attention to Lisa. “Apologize for what? Girl you did nothing wrong.”

“But you did.” Megan glared at Nadia.

“Thank you,” Lisa added as she gave Nadia a passive aggressive smile.

“Well, he deserved it,” Nadia shrugged.

Megan shook her head as she lifted herself off the floor and made her way to the bathroom. “You’re unbelievable.”

Lisa chuckled as she took her attention back to the magazine before her. She went through pictures; red carpet, designer gowns and all,…before she started to think the room was a little too quiet. She instinctively looked up and caught Nadia giving her a suspicious look.

“What?”

“You’re not thinking of getting him back,” Nadia had a warning tone. “Are you?"

Lisa deflated and shook her head in response.

“No, seriously,” Nadia stood to her feet. “because I see that look you have on your face and I think I know what the hell it means.”

“Nadia, please stop,” Lisa groaned.

“Girl, If you take that boy back, you will regret it,” Nadia warned. “I swear. I mean if there’s one thing we’ve learnt these last few weeks, it’s that our boyfriends ain’t shit.”