132.

Caleb was in Trevor’s sitting room; his legs folded under him and his fingers tapping away on the controller with his eyes fixed to the TV as he played Trevor’s Xbox. He heard someone walk into the living room, before he paused the game and spun to see Trevor standing at the doorway between the dinning area and the living room.

“Well,” Caleb chuckled as he spun back and looked up at the clock at the corner, before pressing play on the game again. “Afternoon sleeping beauty.”

Trevor moved into the room and looked up at the clock.

1:30PM.

“How long have you been in here?” Trevor asked as he dropped down to the couch far behind Caleb.

“Since yesterday actually,” Caleb answered. “Your mum saw me on the couch last night.” Caleb then paused and instinctively spun to see Trevor’s wide eyes fixed on him.

“Relax,” Caleb chuckled again, before he spun back to the game. “I didn’t tell her anything. Just told her I just decided to sleep over. She left for work since seven. Thinks we were out at the victory party.”

Trevor exhaled. He pulled forward, dug his elbows into his knees and moved his fingers through his blonde hair.

These past few days had been a nightmare. Yesterday in particular, was more like a nightmare. After they had called the police on Aaron and Bruce last night, they had taken Lenny and Lisa to the hospital. He and Caleb had to hurry back home just to avoid running into Trevor’s mother. He could not even remember what duty she was on that day, but from what Caleb had just said, she wasn’t in last night.

Caleb paused the game and turned to face Trevor completely. “Dude,” Caleb smiled mischievously. “You should go take a bath. You look like shit.”

Trevor raised his head a little to glare at Caleb, before he got to his feet and trudged towards the kitchen. “The girls call you from the hospital yet?”

“Nope,” Caleb replied as he pulled out his phone. He searched for Stephanie’s number and began dialing, just like he had been doing since yesterday. He wasn’t sure, but he could say Stephanie had at least thirty missed calls; just between last night and this morning.

He dialed the number three more times, but nothing.

Caleb exhaled vehemently as his grip tightened on the phone. He held himself from throwing it to the floor. He just couldn’t explain it. Whether it was anger, frustration, or sadness, he didn’t know. All he knew was that he had not spoken to her since last night and it was beginning to make him sick.

“Still not picking, huh?” Trevor asked as he walked back into the sitting room with a mug in his right hand.

“No,” Caleb gave out a frustrating sigh. He looked up at Trevor just in time see him raise his mug to his lips and take a sip of his coffee. He suddenly noticed the toll last night hand taken on him too. His hair was rough, his face looked gruff and his eyes looked as though he had been crying for years. That’s the one thing that seemed to touch Caleb, the fact that he Trevor had been crying.

“You?”

Trevor looked up. “Hmm?”

“How are you?”

Trevor looked back down into his cup of coffee and gave a weak smile.  “I honestly don’t know,” his voice was as weak as his smile.

Caleb then walked up and dropped to a sit beside him on the couch. He placed his hands on Trevor’s bare back and started to rub. Trevor looked up at him; his brows furrowed in an amused confusion. “What are you doing?”