70.

Stephanie and Lenny

"The cathedral of Notre Dame de Paris is a jewel of Gothic architecture and arguably one of the finest churches in Europe," Mr Aurand's voice echoed withing the enormous hall. "Built from the Middle-Ages, it has survived numerous wars and even the French revolution."

"Lenny," Stephanie's loud voice made Lenny jump, almost spilling his coke in the process. The both of them sat down on one of the pews, apparently tired from standing for a long time.

"Yeah, yeah," he said as he darted his eyes from one point to the other, before his eyes finally landed on her. "Wha-what's -ehm-what's up?"

Stephanie looked at him as if she didn't know who he was anymore. "Jesus Christ, I called you three times and you didn't even hear me," she said.

"I'm sorry, I just..sorry," Lenny stuttered.

Stephanie narrowed her eyes at him in suspicion and concern. "Lenny, are you okay?"

He looked up at her, blinking rapidly. "I'm fine," the smoothness of his words surprised him.

"You been acting strange, like, since you got on the bus this morning."

"It's nothing," he forced a fake smile. "I'm just a little tired, that's all. Didn't get enough sleep last night."

Stephanie gave him an incredulous look. "You haven't been watching porn again, have you?"

He turned to her and scowled. "Stephanie, why would that, of all things, come to your mind?"

Stephanie shrugged with a mischievous smile on her face. "Don't know. Just saying. I mean, you're a seventeen year old boy who is still a virgin. Surely you've got to ease yourself some how."

Lenny's face contorted to that of disgust as he raised his hands to tell her to stop before he turned away. "Okay, just stop. please."

Stephanie threw her head back in laughter. When she brought her head down, her eyes suddenly landed on one person in the distance.

Caleb.

He was with his friends at the far end of the enormous hall, laughing, chatting and pointing to whatever he thought looked awesome. She tried to take her eyes off him, but for some reason, she couldn't. As much as she didn't want to admit it, he looked quite good in the white t-shirt, blue jeans and blue all star sneakers he was wearing. The way he smiled down at whoever he was talking to; the way he always looked into thier eyes with keen interest. She felt sick when she remembered the last time she had spoken to him at the Eiffel tower.

She looked away from him and stared into space. "I mean, one would take one look at you and think that you're different. Think that you're cool." I is words were on reply in her head.

"But you're just...... "Sorry for bothering you."

Stephanie took her eyes back to him and swallowed hard. Maybe he was right. Maybe she's being a condescending bitch. What if he actually does like her? He eyes stayed on him for a while before doubt started to fill her mind.

"Like me? Why the hell would he like me?" She thought to herself. "He is Kentworth royalty for christ sake. He was one of the most wanted and hottest guys in school. What could he possibly want with her?"

"Apologised yet?" Lenny's voice interrupted her thoughts.

She spun to him. "What?"

"Caleb," Lenny said.

"Why would I apologise to him?" She scowled at her best friend.

Lenny kept his eyes on her as he corked his head to the side and folded his arms across his chest. "Come on Steph," he said. "I mean eve you have to admit. You were kinda rude to him at the Tower a few day ago."