15.

Trevor

That evening,Trevor had his eyes on his textbook and notebook right infront of him on his reading table. He couldn't concentrate. He could see every sentence, every word, and every letter, but for some reason, nothing made sense. He was in his room, yet so far away from his own house. Lance's mocking smirk kept flashing in his head. His face kept haunting him with looks that made him feel like a moron. Trevor slammed his history textbook shut and quickly stood up from his chair.

"I can't do this." He thought to himself as he moved from one corner of his room to the other. "I-I just can't."

He remembered the way Lance looked at him today when he tried. His expression was a mixture of confusion and amusement. An expression that made Trevor feel as if he was mentally challenged or something. Lance made him look stupid and that was something Trevor wasn't used to. It took everything in Trevor not to reach out and throw a punch at Lance, wiping out that dirty smirk from his face. He wasn't even attracted to the piece of shit in any way, and here he was, making a fool out of him. God, he wanted to hurt him so bad. He didn't know any other way this would work out without the both of them killing each other.

Trevor raked his fingers through his blonde curls as he moved his eyes to his phone on his table. He was going to call Bruce and end this nonsense before it even started. Sure, he had spent the money, but he would definitely find a way to pay back. Bruce was his friend, he would definitely give him time to pay up.

Trevor shook his head and moved towards the phone. "I can't do this." He whispered to himself again.

He was about to touch his phone when it suddenly came to life with a hum.

He looked into the screen and felt his heart skip a beat when he saw who was calling.

It was Lisa.

"Hel-Hello?" Trevor pulled the phone up to his ear without even thinking. They had not said a word to each other since last night, not even when they saw each other at school. Trevor thought she was really mad at him and now she was calling him. He was confused but happy to hear her voice none the less.

"Hey." Lisa's voice was calm on the other side of the line.

"Hey," Trevor gave a nervous reply.

There was a nerve racking silence between them now. It was as if neither of them knew what to say to the other.

"Is your mom home?" Lisa broke the silence.

"Uhm- No." Trevor replied as he shifted his weight from one leg to the other while thinking of what next t say. "She's on call tonight so she won't be in till morning."

"Oh, okay."

"Yeah. " Trevor replied. "Yours?"

"My Mum is at some fancy dinner party and my dad is out of town," she said in a manner that seemed to make Trevor imagine her rolling her eyes on the other side.

"Oh," was all he replied.

Then that awkward silence took over again.

"I want to see you," Lisa uttered.

Trevor raised his brows. He suddenly felt part of him come to life when he heard her say those words. "Re- really?"

"Yeah," Lisa replied with a half laugh.

Trevor was about to say 'sure', but he suddenly remembered what happened that last time he was at her house after Lisa had told him her dad was out of town. In fact, he had just gotten the plasters off as a reminder of that day. He swallowed hard as his brain tried to process his next reply.