79.

"What are you doing here?" Trevor asked while trying to ignore Lance's mocking facial expression.

Lance shrugged; still smiling. "It's a party, right?"

"Yeah, but no one invited you," Trevor himself was slightly shocked at the coldness of his own voice. He also felt a prick of guilt when he saw a flash of pain in Lance's eyes when he said those words. The smile was still on Lance's face, but his eyes seemed to scream 'Ouch!'

Lance blinked rapidly and looked away. His smile quickly disappeared before he licked his lips. Even Trevor could see he was trying to keep something down. Trevor also noticed how slightly bloodshot Lance's eyes were and he had two verdicts in his mind; it was either Lance was high on something, or he wasn't getting enough sleep. Lance looked back to Trevor, and then his eyes dropped to the last container of beer lying on the floor.

He bent over and lifted the container to his chest, paused and looked at Trevor, before he walked past him and headed straight for the house.

"Dude," Trevor called after him. "You don't have to-!"

Lance didn't even look back. He just kept moving; completely ignoring Trevor. Trevor exhaled and hurried after him. He appreciated Lance's help, hell, something inside of him was screaming for joy the moment he turned and saw his familiar smirk. But truth was, Trevor knew Lance coming to Bruce's party; a party he wasn't invited to, wasn't going to end well. They both walked into the house with the loudness of the music hitting Lance's ears the moment he stepped in.

Trevor watched Lance as his eyes darted from one corner of the crowded sitting-room to the other with a look of awe on his face. Lance looked like a little boy who had just walked into Disneyland. The look on his face seemed to tug at Trevor's heart when he remembered that Lance, being who he was, was probably never invited to occasions like these whenever they were organised.

Trevor stretched his neck and called a random boy who was dancing on his own. The boy looked reluctant at first, but when Trevor handed the vessel to the boy and told him it was beer, the boy's blue eyes went wide with excitement before he grabbed the container from Trevor.

"The kitchen," Trevor nodded.

"Sure," the boy replied just before he disappeared in the crowd of teens.

From his sudden eagerness to help right after he heard he was carrying beer, Trevor was pretty sure that boy was going to drown himself in that vessel with his friends once he got to the kitchen.

"To the kitchen, right?" Lance's voice pulled Trevor back. Trevor spun and looked over at him, Lance's brows were raised in an innocent curiosity. He wanted to take him; show him to the kitchen where he could drop the beer, but something inside told him that wouldn't be a good idea. Trevor hated that voice in his head, but it was the truth.

He had kissed this guy a few days ago in the rest-room of the hotel of an European country. This was a party after all. What if Lance got drunk and at that point, he decided to become a little chatty?

Sure, some people wouldn't believe him if he said it. I mean, he would be drunk. But his close friends; Caleb, Bruce, Lisa and the girls would definitely not throw away that notion because they knew about the bet.

"It's okay man," Trevor said as he reached out and took the beer from Lance. "I'll take it from here."

Lance watched him take vessel from him and walk away as he fought the urge to run after him. Before Trevor was out of sight, Lance gave in. He couldn't take it anymore. He hurried after Trevor and held his shoulder.

Trevor spun to face him with slightly widened eyes. He darted his eyes towards his friends at the far corner of the room to make sure they were not looking his way and when he saw that they were all preoccupied, he turned back to Lance and hissed.