99.

That same night, Bruce, Megan, Aaron and Nadia hung out at Blinley’s. Nadia kept rambling on and on about how excited she was about Prom and how fucked up it was that they had to finish with their exams first.

Megan just sat there, listening. Unsure of what to do or say. Nadia had invited her over to hang out immediately after cheerleading practice. She was reluctant, but Nadia was persistent.

“Oh come on Meg,” she had said. “You need this.”

“Yeah. Spend some time with friends. Have some fun,” Lisa added, even though she herself wasn’t joining them. “I’m no doctor, but even I know it would help with the healing.”

Megan finally gave in.

She walked to the parking lot after practice along with Nadia and Aaron and then froze when she saw Bruce waiting in the car.

Ever since the day it happened, there was this feeling she got from the sight of him. She never sat close to him during lunch, she never called him and they never spoke. She knew he had noticed her distance and she also knew he did not give a fuck.

If anything, it was good for him. A least now, he would have the opportunity to fuck all the girls he wanted, just like he always did.

When she got into the car, Bruce smiled at her and she didn’t feel stupid enough to smile back. He asked her how her head was and she just looked away and spat an indifference“Fine.”

As they drove, Aaron and Nadia had suddenly gone quiet in the back seat and Megan didn’t need to look back to know that they were both making out.

Bruce reached out and placed his hands on Megan’s thighs and she felt herself jolt a little. It was like an electric current coursed through her body; not one of want or lust, but of repulsion.

For the first time in a long while, she felt irritated when she felt his hands on her. When she shifted away, Bruce turned and looked at her. She kept her eyes on the windscreen, ignoring his pleading eyes.

It was a circle with Bruce.

It always was.

He would treat her like trash and then come back again, begging, telling her how sorry he was and how he wasn’t thinking straight.

Well, she had gotten enough.

They finally stopped at Blinley’s, ordered and then started to eat.

After a few minutes, Nadia and Aaron were lost in a conversation and Megan just sat there watching them, wondering if Nadia was taking the same shit from Aaron, and hiding it herself.

“You okay, babe?” Bruce’s gentle voice surprised her.

She turned to him with knitted brows.

“You haven’t touched your burger,” he said.

She turned away and exhaled. “I’m not hungry.”

“Oh come on babe,” Bruce said as he reached to touch her hair, but he paused when she tilted away. He dropped his hands and his shoulders, kept his eyes on her for a while, before he turned away and faced his pizza and beer.

Megan couldn’t tell if he was mad or not. She honestly didn’t care.

About an hour and thirty minutes later, they finally decided to leave. Bruce dropped Aaron and Nadia over at Aaron’s house and drove off.

“They're probably going to fuck the shit out of themselves tonight,” Bruce snickered, hoping to amuse Megan.

Megan said nothing.

Although she could remember Nadia telling them during cheerleading practice that now that her parents were spending a week in Hawaii for their wedding anniversary, she could finally scratch that itch in her groin.

“My parents aren’t home ,too, you know,” Bruce uttered.

Megan fought the urge to turn and look at him. She felt the bile rise in her throat. She was disgusted at what he was insinuating.

“Just take me home,” she said as she wrapped her heads around her body and leaned on the window. “I need to rest.”

Bruce looked at her again, before facing the road. It took about three minutes before Megan realized Bruce had passed her street.