38 | New Beginning

Start from the beginning

"What have you done to me, Brina?" Before I can even asked him what did he mean by that, he spoke again,

"No, let me rephrase that. I won't ask you for the reasons, I will ask for the consequences."

"You should take responsibility for this weird feeling, Brina."

That made me froze. And countless of what-ifs are now surging my mind that I zoned out not until he called my name.

"You now ruled me, Tsilla Brina Zein."

Damn. I never remembered telling him my first name! Did he do a background check on me? What else did he found out? Shit, my mind is now getting clouded of all the thoughts I could think of.

"You did a background check on me?" I asked in a kind of foul tone as my head is still a mess. I am trying to act like nothing is happening inside my mind. Damn Brina! Getting a clouded mind and not clarifying things would surely get you nowhere!

"I did." He simply said with furrowed brows.

"What else did you found out?" I asked now with a frustrated voice. I know I secured my real identity but still, he is the Dritan Cadmus Vueci, he is not an ordinary person! I'm pretty sure he is on par with me or maybe he was even better than me, I think he is just not giving it all his best.

"You are on your third year college. You just started to play Incinerate of Execution not a long time ago. You live with your mother. You don't get along with your Father and step-brother. Did I missed something I have to found out?"

He asked still with a furrowed brows. And our talk is actually heating up the atmosphere. I mean our voices are raising up by the minute and our sentences are now said with a stress, like we are each other's enemy.

Oh wait. We are. Didn't we?

I just hissed by his answered then avoided his stare. I thought and hope he would somehow forget what he said before but of course knowing him, someone who would not sit back when he wanted something. He brought back the topic!

"Should I call Mr. Lowell now that you aren't taking the responsibility for me?" Damn the guts of this man!

"I can't" I muffled my answered since I felt like even myself, are not convince by what I said.

"I will really call Mr. Lowell" He said in a teasing manner but that did not made me budge.

I looked at his face before speaking, "I told you before right? I don't like the sudden changes. I like to keep myself at the dark, away from the light, away from you."

I saw how he got tensed upon hearing that but still he asked me like nothing, "You felt this weird feeling too, right? That is why you are afraid of the changes I am going to bring."

Damn. Nothing ever get unnoticed to this man!

I stayed silent as I am constructing careful what am I going to say to him. But he cut me off by speaking,

"Don't be afraid of changes, be more afraid of regretting."

What he said made me think a lot which let the silence filled the room. But it was soon broken when he spoke again, "You always said you are in the dark and I am in the light–"

"Dritan is an Albanian word for Light" I cut him off by speaking in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Yes, but that does not mean I am always in the light. I have my own darkness too and so are you. Light is always there, even in the darkness. You have your own light too, Brina."

Ugh why does everything he spoke right now felt like a stab in my heart? He hit every single thing! Making me think otherwise and worst making me want to bend or ignore my principles.

"Why don't you give it a try?" He asked me but before I can answer, he continued.

"Changes always bring a new beginning. I want to explore a new beginning with you, don't you want it too?"

Damn. Maybe it is not that bad to try.

"I'll try"

───── ❝ 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐁𝐲𝐊𝐫𝐱𝐬 ❞ ─────

So, did you counted how many times Brina said the word Damn?

Anyway, I updated today! Not like what I said last chapter! That's how dedicated I am to this story lol

Joking aside, tell me what you feel in this chapter. This is actually my first time writing something like that so I wanna know how it made you feel!

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝙑𝙤𝙩𝙚, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚!