Chapter Nineteen

Emperor Cabel groans, rubbing his forehead temples.
He sighs, staring at the sofa in front of him.
The door knocks.

"Enter." Emperor Cabel growls out.
Lance enters the room and bows.

"Your highness, Lady Luna has returned to the golden palace, and dinner preparations are complete."
Emperor Cabel sighs keeping his gaze .
"Your highness, are you feeling alright?" Lance asks, worried.
"Why is it that I feel compelled to talk to that woman? I've done it as Hayden. It seems irrelevant now, yet I want to continue to talk with her." Emperor Cabel coldly speaks, conflicted.
He scoffs, leaning back as he lounges.
"Your highness, no one is making you talk to her. You can ignore her if you'd like, or you can continue meeting her as Hayden. Although, you risk changing back to yourself in front of her."
Emperor Cabel scoffs as he stands up, beginning to slowly roam around the room.

"Your highness, if you're drawn to her, why is it an awful concept for you to just talk with her? It seems you enjoy socializing with her, and even if you've done it as Hayden it shouldn't stop you. Disguising yourself to see her, would only be hurtful."
"Hurtful to who? She's part of my harem, she shouldn't be attached to Hayden either way."
"I wasn't referring to her, your highness, I was referring to you. You transform to see her and you grow close to her, yet she's only close to Hayden, not the emperor. Wouldn't it be best to see what it'd be like to know her, without the disguise?"
"I'm well aware of who she is, I already know her interests and fears. Pretending to learn it all would be a hassle."
"It would get her close to you though. Lady Luna and Hayden are close because he listened and cared. If you did the same as when you were Hayden, it'll help her open up to you. From the looks of it she doesn't fear you, or have ill feelings towards you. She could open up to you just as easily as she did with Hayden."
Emperor Cabel glares at Lance, annoyed.
He scoffs and leaves the office without another word.
Lance sighs and slightly chuckles.
"I never thought I'd see this side of him." He quietly speaks to himself.

Emperor Cabel walks in the palace garden.
He stares at the snow covered trees, his expression pained and conflicted.

"Greetings, your highness."
A gentle voice calls out, accompanied by the sound of snow crunching under their footsteps.

Emperor Cabel looks to see Renesha. He rolls his eyes, scoffing before turning back to look at the snowy scenery.
"Your highness, if you can find the time, won't you visit me tonight?" She asks, staring at the emperor with a look of desire.
Emperor Cabel pauses as his eyes move back to Renesha.
"Come." He speaks.
He walks towards the golden palace, Renesha holding his arm—a devious smile on her lips.

"Your highness, must you go? We still have all night." Renesha speaks, slightly out of breath.

She covers her bare chest with a blanket as she sits up. Watching Emperor Cabel's bare back as he buttons his pants while sitting on the edge of her bed. He slips on his black button up shirt, but is interrupted.
Renesha seductively wraps her arms around him from behind, feeling his toned chest.

"Your highness, why don't you stay a while longer?" She whispers in his ear, kissing and nibbling it until trailing her kisses down the side of his neck.

Emperor Cabel stands up, releasing himself from her hold as he buttons up his shirt. Slipping on his black suit vest, he grabs his coat.

"After tonight, never approach me again. You are no longer needed. If you disobey my order, I'll ensure you die a painful death." He coldly glares down at her.

Renesha's complexion turns pale. Confused and terrified as she looks back at his eyes.
"Y-Your highness, but why? I've satisfied you with this body of mine, haven't I?" She stutters, shocked.
Emperor Cabel bends down, resting his hands on the bed. His face close to hers, his eyes glowing a blood-chilling vibrant red.
"Keep this in your vile mind. You are nothing to me. If you value a shred of your pathetic life, never speak a word to me again." He grins, slightly amused as he murderously glares at her.

He stands up, throwing his jacket on as he leaves Renesha's bedroom.
The door slams behind him.
Renesha sits on her bed, trembling from fear until growing red with anger.
"T-That damned bastard! How dare he speak to me like this! I deserve to wear that crown, yet he's tossing me aside?" Renesha screams, throwing her pillows, "I'll make him notice me. I'll make him mine, I'll make that crown mine!"

Emperor Cabel walks through the golden palace, until hesitating in front of a door.
Gently opening the door, he quietly walks in. Approaching the bed, he leans on the night stand.
Luna lays asleep, a dim light illuminating her long eyelashes and golden hair. He gazes at beauty as she sleeps.

"Why is it that my chest hurts when I'm far from you? I can't distract myself, or make this unsettling feeling go away when I meet another... It feels worse and more confusing." He whispers.
The emperor sighs, his deep red eyes gazing at her smooth skin, her soft lips in a pout, and the gentle breaths she takes—making her chest rise and fall slowly.
He moves the book that lies beside her, setting the bookmark in until placing the book onto the nightstand.

Luna's face scrunches up, beginning to mumble in her sleep.
"S-Stop... Please don't hurt me... I'm sorry, please..." She whimpers.
Tears fall down her cheeks as she tightly holds onto the blanket. Her expression twisting with pain.
Emperor Cabel's brows furrow, his hands in a tight fist. Hesitantly, his fingers reach out. With a light touch, he gently wipes her tears away with the back of his fingers.
Her face relaxes from his gentle touch.
"Crying while you sleep? What a fragile fool you are." He whispers, admiring her face as he wears a pained expression.