Everything, pt. 2

We finally arrive at the hospital and they rush Spencer into the ER. All I have to do now is wait in this waiting room.

I hate waiting rooms.

Spencer's POV

Darkness is all I can see. I feel like I'm trapped inside my own mind.

What happened?

The last thing I remember was Abigail and- Oh. I got shot.

Wow. I bet my parents never get tired of having to pay a hospital bill for every time I end up in here.

Am I even at the hospital? What if I'm already dead? I expected heaven to have light and clouds and gates, maybe even God.

Thump. Thump. Tha-thump.

I can faintly hear my heart beating and suddenly, I feel like every part of me is on fire.

I'm screaming so loud but not loud enough. It feels like when someone takes the butt of a cigarette and presses it into a healing scar. That pain times five is what I feel coursing through my veins.

It feels like hours have passed with this unbearable pain and I feel like I just ran a marathon- out of breath and sweaty. And then, out of nowhere, a relieving cold liquid conceals the burning and I immediately feel really drowsy.

The last and only thought that goes through my mind is Toby.

.....

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The sound of beeping rings in my ears and my eyes shoot open, but the bright light burns instantly.

I blink rapidly, trying to focus my eyes. The first thing I see is a guy with a gray hoodie on, but his head is down so I can't see his face.

My voice croaks as I say, "Toby?"

The guy's head snaps up and I make eye contact with his red, swollen eyes.

He rushes to my side and I try to sit up but a sharp pain shoots through my side. "No, don't get up." His voice is so soothing and rough at the same time, and I just nod.

"Spencer," He sighs my name, sounding relieved. The way he sighed my name was so heavenly and I just want to hear him say it more often.

For some strange reason, I really miss him. I miss his voice, I miss his touch, I miss his beautiful blue eyes and how they always reminded me of the sky. I miss him so much and I don't ever want to be with anyone else.

I don't think I have ever missed anyone as much as I missed Toby. I have never even missed my own parents who were always gone, and I have never missed Melissa who would only sometimes be home. I have never missed them, at least not as much as I miss Toby right now.

I love Toby. I love him so much.

I am so deep in thought that I don't even notice a tear falling down my face, so I jump when Toby wipes it away.

Toby furrows his eyebrows in confusion but he brings his face close to mine and runs his thumb across my cheek. "Hey, I'm here. You're okay. You're safe." He murmurs.

"I missed you." I whisper to him. I feel slightly embarrassed admitting this, considering he never really left me.

A smile tugs at the ends of his lips. "I missed you even more, Spence."

He brings his lips closer to mine so that I can feel his every breath. "Don't ever leave me again."

My heart is beating tremendously fast and I already feel light headed. I love the feeling he gives me.