What's Left

**DEDICATED TO mikaylaskyemunoz2519 JUST BECAUSE! :P  ONTO THE STORY**

Toby's POV

I swear as I watch Spencer Hastings, the girl that I loved the moment I found her in tears behind the bleachers, walk away with what was left of my heart. A part of me was still in shock.

She called me a "shouting monster". That's it. She thinks I'm a monster. What the hell is wrong with me?  Is this who I've really become? Or is this really some monster Tanner created? I have the urge to throw a bottle...

No, dude, this is why she thinks you're a monster. Throwing bottles isn't a solution, it never was. Our solution was always to talk or apologize to each other. I run my fingers through my half dry hair, and slam myself into the couch. I look to my left, and sigh.

We sat on this couch the day I moved into the barn, and I fell asleep immediately. But there was Spencer, right by my side. I remember when Spencer's car was covered in graffiti and toilet paper, and then the huge pile of condoms in her car. I remember everyone glancing and laughing at her. I remember her making eye contact with me before tears welled up in her beautiful, brown eyes and she ran off. I remember waiting until everyone left and I found a way to clean her car, and break into her car without setting off the alarm in order to rid the condoms. I even left the note saying, "You're welcome.

She never knew. I never got to tell her, but what would it matter? Like she said, I need to move on. Who knows, maybe by tomorrow Spencer and Andrew will be flirting up a storm. She certainly couldn't help but note that 'Andrew looked cute when he's shy'. I felt the anger and jealousy boiling inside of me, then and even now as I think about it.

Spencer likes to make me mad, and I like to make her flustered. We're odd but we're just so right together. 

How does Spencer have this power over me? She can do anything to me and I'd never stop loving her. I love her. 

I don't know how long I've been sitting here thinking but I barely even hear the sound of Spencer screaming. I jump out of the couch and run as fast as my legs can take me to the house. "Spencer!" I shout just as I reach the back door.

The door is unlocked, although I've told her to lock it times before. Luckily, she didn't and I swing the door open, and there Spencer lay on the floor.

She's on her knees, and bawling over something I can't see. "Spencer?" I speak, wanting to bring her out of her bawling mess. She doesn't respond.

"Spencer, why did you scream?" I ask, trying to not to raise my voice as my impatience and fear grows. I walk over to her and just as I'm about to place my hand over her back, I freeze. She wouldn't want me to touch her.

Screw it, she needs you. I place my hand on her back and slowly move it up and down her back to comfort. "Shh." I whisper to her.

"Toby," Spencer starts, "an envelope came for me. I opened it and it had this picture. I..." She trails off as she brings the picture up to me. My hand stops moving and I stare in awe at the photo.

The picture displayed a hospital room, and a patient on the bed. The patient was both peaceful, and pale. The patient was dead. The patient was my mother.

I'm not sure how to react to this. I want to throw or punch something but I don't want to lose my temper with Spencer here. I have to learn to bottle up some emotions and deal with them later.

"Shh, it's okay. Everything's going to be okay." I whisper to her, but I'm telling myself that more than her. I continue rubbing her back, blinking away whatever angry tears came up.

She pulls back hesitantly, and I look down and sniff. Her hands make their way to my face and she pulls it up, forcing eye contact. A tear or two may have escaped but she wipes it away with her thumb. 

I sniff again and gently remove her hands from my face. "I'm sorry that you had to see that." I mumble. 

"You crying or the picture?" She whispers, a small tug at the end of her lips. 

I shake my head. "Both, and me shouting and throwing bottles. I was messed up in the head." 

She says nothing, and I stand up. She looks at me with scared and sad brown eyes but I haven't forgotten. She wants us to move on, and being in this room any longer with her will stop that from ever happening.

I walk out of the house and slowly arrive to the barn. I don't know what to do about this situation with the anonymous person and me and Spencer being over. It's all overwhelming. 

I try to sleep it off, but it's difficult. How do you sleep at night knowing that your one and only is in possible danger in a house all alone.

I look out at the house and notice Spencer turned out the lights. She's going to bed. I take a pillow and blanket, and make my way to the house. There's no way that I'm letting her stay here alone, not anymore.

[[A.N. I have no idea what to say about this chapter, so I'll leave that up to you all! I'm updating this early bc I have to double check if I have any assignments and all this other 'last week of school' stuff. I made another edit for the story. You can find it on my IG but I'll try to put it up with this chapter (it'll be the external link).

And yes, I know I forgot to put in the part with Spencer naming her car but that will most definitely be in the next chapter!

I don't have much else to say so KEEP CALM AND SHIP SPOBY, SPOBIANS! xo]]