Revelation

**DEDICATED TO CLIO21 !!! Your comment just made me so hapoy! :) This is a long chapter so ONTO THE STORU!!**

Spencer's POV

I'm pretty sure not much time has gone by before I hear the door creak open. A small light shines through before it disappears.

The scent of alcohol is strong in the room. A few thuds and screeching sounds were made before I realize the person was dragging, or trying to drag, a chair. The person huffs before they say," So you want answers, right?"

Toby's POV

No wonder. The door is already open when I arrive and I enter. A spiral staircase is in front of me. I begin to walk the staircase and I begin to see everything come into view: the window, the lamp, and the railing.

I peer out the window and notice the beautiful beach spread out in front of my eyes. The beautiful blue of the ocean is shining and the colors of the sunset lays softly on the reflection.

It's stunning, it really is. But I'm not here for that, I'm here for Spencer. My search for the clue is quick and simple: attached on the lamp. It reads:

You're very close, be glad you're here.
Listen to these words that you'll fear:
She's slowly dying, fading away
Pay attention to what I'll say.
Very close but very far
Clever and stupid is what you are.
She is here, in this place
But she's breathing at a shallow pace
A few more beatings and she'll be gone,
Don't worry; this game is almost done.
Flash what's bright on the grain
And you may just end all the pain.

Before I know it, I'm scrambling everywhere. I need to find that switch to turn the light on.

Its not on the desk and not on the door. Where the he...found it! Underneath the desk, I pull down the switch comes on the light. Here we go.

Spencer's POV

I want to ask why but they might just change their mind. Hm, my first question..

"Where am I?" My shaky voice questions. Not a second passed passed before my question was answered.

"You're in a very..erm, special place." The distorted voice is still being used, which brings me to my next two questions. I can't believe I'm taking a risk asking this...

"Who are you?" Confusion is clear in my voice. It's no longer shaky now that I feel a little more determined.

The hoodied person laughs. Familiar. I know that laugh but maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.

"Oh Spencer. You're so dumb..and innocent. I remember how you used to be so fierce and determined. What have I done? I ruined you." The distorted voice speaks in a sorrowful tone.

Before I could even begin to think, my eyes widen. The person is taking off the mask.

Familiar green eyes meet mine and the blonde hair is unmistakable. It's them. It's him. It's...it's..Tanner.

The shock is clear on my face. He sees it and his lips tremble. "Geez Spence, it's not that big of a shocker." He playfully teases.

"Why?" I whisper. He scoffs and says," Like I said, you deserve it." "I mean, what did I do to deserve it?" I practically shout at him.

He's here. But then again, he isn't. His skin looks paler than usual and dark circles lay beneath his eyes. The eyes that used to charm me; they hold no emotion behind them, except he seems...lost?

And that's when it happens. His eyes begin to shine with tears and he looks away from me.

"I..I don't know. I just, I couldn't believe what I had done. It was all my fault Spencer, all of it was. That night. Those pictures. All of it was me. And I have never been sorrier." He takes a shaky breath in. My eyes begin to well up. I knew it was him but him confessing it made the pain that I tried to bury, resurface.

"I hurt you. I hurt you so bad." He continued. "I saw you everyday after that. I saw when everyone threw paper balls at you, talked bad about you, I even saw when you tried to explain to your friends about it. They left you. I saw you roaming the halls, sad and broken. I hated living with the guilt. It was eating me alive."

I stopped him right there. I lost it.

"Then why?" I shout. "Why, if the guilt was eating you alive, didn't you say anything? Huh? Why did you let me walk around depressed instead of clearing this mess up?" Tanner is definitely taken aback.

"Why was it that my own family couldn't even look at me the same? I was a walking disgrace to them. Were you really guilty? I doubt that. You were just a coward! A coward but what are you so scared of? You make no sense, Tanner!" A smack is heard when his gloved hand makes contact with my face.

I don't care anymore, not at this moment. I let everything off my chest. A cough escaped my mouth.

I keep my head down when he stands up. He picks up the chair and I get prepared for him to slam it on me but he doesn't. He slams it into the wall and it breaks quite easily.

"Dammit Spence! Couldn't we just have a calm conversation? I'm sorry, I really am. I know you will never forgive me. I can't even deal with myself." He says. He leans against the wall and slides down.

He looks beside him and there is a small puddle of the blood I coughed up. He is already crying at this point and so am I.

"I'm so sorry Spencer. I am. But...we can start over! We can leave, we're both legal age to run away. We can get new identities." His voice rises in excitement at the thought. I shake my head.

"Tanner...I moved on. I couldn't keep depressing over what happened. He made it go away. Toby did. He defended me and he was there for me. You weren't." My voice cracks at the last part. He wasn't there for me.

"Don't worry. He'll be gone soon." He threatens. His voice is so ice cold that it sent goosebumps down my arms.

Now I'm worried. Is Toby coming after me? Is he safe? Is Tanner going to hurt him? "Are you going to...hurt him?" I ask.

He snickers and stands up. "That's for me to know." And he walks out of the room. My concern level is increasing by the second for Toby.

Please, I need Toby. He's all I got. He's the first one who understood and accepted me for my screwed up past. He can't get hurt. And I'll make sure of it.

[[ Soo..I'm pretty sure the mystery person was obvious! Anyways, what'd you think of the Halloween episode? And what'd you think of this chapter? All of your comments made me happy so it's hard to choose one! Continue with them, though! KEEP CALM AND SHIP SPOBY!! Byee! :) ]]