Red

**DEDICATED TO cheergirlx4 because here is the new update. ONTO THE STORY!**

Spencer's POV

I wake up seconds before my alarm clock goes off. My mind is already going through the checklist for today and I automatically get up to do the first few things.

I do my morning routine and pick out an outfit. I decide to go with an old outfit: A blue button up shirt with a cream colored vest on top, along with khaki pants.

I honestly am satisfied by the outfit. Its like how I used to dress, not wearing shorts and tank tops; that was another girl.

I head downstairs and check my phone for the time. I'm almost half an hour ready for school so I decide to prepare myself a healthy breakfast of oatmeal and orange juice.

"So how'd you sleep?" I mindlessly say. No response.

He's not here, I remind myself.

I'm so used to him eating breakfast with me and us just talking. It was a small, but wonderful habit.

Habits were meant to be broken, Spence. Just break it.

I lost some of my appetite after about five minutes so I just head out into my car.

I'm really thinking about giving my beautiful baby Volvo a name. Something modern and classy, like Elizabeth? No, that wouldn't work.

Whatever.

I drive to school with my radio blasting some top songs of the week. I hum along to the songs, trying to ignore the scent of him roaming throughout the car.

When I arrive, I spot Hanna and Emily talking on the steps. I rush to them and mutter a 'Hello'.

"So where's your boo thing?" Hanna remarks, smirking. I see Emily smiling, also.

"There is no 'boo thing'." I say, purposely putting air quotes on the boo thing part. I may as well be honest with them, since they'll find out sooner or later. And I'd rather it be now, and from me.

Their smiles fade and Emily starts off with, "What do you mean there is no boo thing?"

"I mean, Toby and I are over. I'm just good, old single Spencer." I explain.

"Wait, for good?" Hanna asks.

"Yes. For good." I answer happily, well as happily as I can muster.

Emily and Hanna look at each other, unsure, and back at me.

"And why are you so happy?" Hanna questions.

"Why not? I'm feeling more alive than I ever had."

Aria walks up to us, and asks, "Why is Spencer feeling more alive?"

"Her and Toby broke up." Emily tells her.

Aria snaps her head to me and shouts, "What?"

I say nothing. I just let it sink into her brain.

"Why?" She says.

I take a shaky, deep breath when last night seeps into my mind. You can do this Spencer. You can do it.

"Something happened. I don't want to talk about it." I dismiss her. They don't have to know now.

"What happened, Spencer?" Aria pushes.

"Don't worry about. I'll tell you all soon, just not now. Please."

I didn't want to come off as rude but I really didn't want to go into last night. I wouldn't want to ruin the minimal makeup I put on this morning.