A Project

**This chapter is dedicated to SallyMHolmes. Thanks so much for the comment on my last chapter and the huge support! Btw, I might do this for every chapter! Just leave something nice in the comment section and I'll choose my favorite!! Thanks for reading this and onto the story!**

The rest of the weekend went by quick. Monday arrived and again, I braced myself. For the weekend, I couldn't stop thinking about how coldly I treated Toby but he may as well be like everyone else. Damn me for having such a guilty conscience! I guess I'll try to apologize to him today, its the least I can do.

After getting dressed and getting to school, I walk directly to Homeroom/English. There he is, in my seat, again. I walk up to him. He looks up and immediately gets up before I could even say anything. "Toby! Wait." I say. He looks at me with curiosity. "Look, I'm sorry for snapping at you the other day. I..I.." He cuts me off. He hugged me. I didn't know what to do so I just pat him on his back. Why was he hugging me? Not that I didn't like it; trust me, nothing is better than to have someone be able to treat me so nicely. He pulled back and looked me in the eyes. Luckily, no one else was in the classroom. He put his hand in his pocket and seemed to grip onto something before the teacher entered the classroom. He sighed and said, "Apology accepted." He turned and walked to his seat.

What.Just.Happened? I sit down in my seat and shake my head. Soon, the class is filled and the teacher is taking attendance. She teaches and soon explains homework. "Class, instead of homework, you will have to do a project. You will all have a partner. Choose your partner in two minutes and I will explain your assignment further more." Just great! I look around the classroom and everyone seems to have a partner. Oh well! As soon as I turn around, I see Toby standing in front of me. Before he says anything, I say,"Yeah." He turns around and sits next to me. "Okay! Now, I will walk around with a bowl and one of you will pick a topic and I will explain what to do." She goes around choosing random groups and soon gets to us. I decided to let Toby choose it instead.

As he does, Ms.Brent beams with excitement. He chooses one and reads it aloud: "Trust." "Ooh, great one!" Ms.Brent says. Now she gets in her serious teacher tone and says,"Your assignment is to bond and try to earn each other's trust. Then, you must write it down and read it to each other during presentation time, which will be held in my office privately. There is one more thing to add to this assignment but I'll say what it is as soon as I'm done with this. Good luck!"

Wait! Is this even allowed to be a project?! Maybe the principal decided that students need to trust each other more. I look at Toby to see his face and he seems calm. He looks so at ease that it almost makes me feel calm. I sigh and think to myself that this may not be that hard. Maybe I can just pretend to trust him, write a touching essay and get it over with! Oh, and do that one thing the teacher said she also wanted us to do. As she walks to the front of the classroom, everyone's chatter hushed. "In addition to your assignments, you all must also document it. I will supply you all cameras, courtesy of the Photography club. You must hand all of this in in three weeks. No late work will be accepted unless you speak to me about it." She hands us all cameras and the bell rings and she dismisses us to the next class. God, this is just fantastic! First, I have to write about it and then I have to capture it?! Whatever. I'm a Hastings and nothing is a challenge for a Hastings! Atleast I hope not.

[[A.N. Sorry this is boring but I'm just trying to lead it up to the romantic Spoby stuff but doing it differently from other fanfics. I'm trying really hard, you guys.]]