Let The Texts Begin!

**No dedication! Anyways, I will be doing a double update today so.. be excited!! Onto the story!!**

Spencer's POV

Ugh. I feel horrible. My head is throbbing and my wrists hurt really bad for some reason. It's difficult to open my eyes but I do eventually.

What..?

Its dark. Wherever I am. Its dark and I can't hear anything. It's too quiet.

I look at my wrists and I try to scream but I can't. They're tied around a pole by rope.

I tried to scream again in panic but I sill can't. It sounds as though it were muffled. I feel something thick and somewhat like a towel in my mouth. I rub my mouth against my arm and I feel it. Duct tape.

Someone breathes heavily but I realize its just me. I'm dehydrated and sweating.

God, how many degrees is it here?

My legs begin to move around in search of something to get me out of this thing! There is nothing. What kind of place just has a pole in the middle and no windows?

I hear footsteps and I freeze. "Spencer? You're awake. Finally." A voice says. When I don't respond, a kick at my side makes me yelp in pain.

A hand is pressuring the spot I was just kicked at. At first I whimper but the harder this person pushes on it, I begin to breathe at an uneven pace.

"Spencer. Stupid, stupid Spencer." The voice whispers. It takes me a moment to realize the voice is distorted. I swing my legs around to kick the person but I fail.

The person chuckles and kicks again, even harder than before. Being dumb, I try to scream again.

"Shut up. Just shut up!" The voice yells. Soon, my hair is being pulled back rather roughly. "What's the point in screaming? You're miles away from anywhere. No one would hear you. You're only making worse for you!" The voice taunts.

After a few seconds of my rapid breathing, something thick and leathery smacks me across my face and I'm crying in no time.

A creak sounds off in the distance and a slam of a door follows.

My sobbing continues. I'm so confused and...scared. I'm scared. So scared. Right now, I'd rather be in my boring Calculus class than here. Soon, darkness takes over me, but I continue to sob.

Toby's POV

I sit in the diner with Spencer's phone in my hand. Where is she? Was that really her car? Maybe I was hallucinating! But a voice in the back of my mind assures me that I'm not.

The countless times I've scrolled up and down her text messages, rereading them and trying to make sense of the text from the Unknown person. It just doesn't make sense! Who would want to kidnap her?

"Sir? Would you like to order something? You seem awfully cold." A woman says. I tell her hot chocolate and she's gone.

I thought of all the possibilities. I don't even think Tanner would do this. As much as I hate him, he's my cousin and I know him well enough to know he wouldn't go this far.

Forget about who took her! I should be wondering where she is right now! I have been so into this, I forgot my bladder could explode from not using it so I decide to go to the restroom.

When I return, I find the hot chocolate on my table. I sit and pick up the drink, before placing it back down. I turn it around and there is a sticky note on it. It reads:

Dying to know where she is? I bet you are.

Just after I read that, a phone beeps indicating a new text. I look around and see it's Spencer's. I look around my booth at everyone in the diner before I decide to open it.

From: Unknown

She's dying to know too!

And attached to that is an image. I tap on it and I almost choke on the air I was quickly breathing in. It's Sorncer. She is in a dark room attached to what looks like a pole. Her cheeks are covered in tears and her eyes look painfully closed.

She looks so...scared and it scares me.

I bite my lip to keep from tearing up like the little baby I am and text back the person. I decide to text back, 'Where is she?'. I anxiously wait for the beep that arrive minutes later. The Unknown person responded :

Wouldn't you like to know, lover boy? This is how it works. We play the game by my rules and maybe, just maybe, you'll get your sweetie Spencer back. My game, my rules. Are you in?

Out of anger, I punch the table. How did that not break? I get looks and stares from people but I don't care. I text back 'Yes' and I take a gulp of the hot chocolate.

The burn in my throat somewhat gives me a new energy to find Spencer. I'll find Spencer and kill the bastard if it's the last damn thing I do.