Last Minute *Changed*

The thing about life is that everything happens all at once and without a warning. You could be with your best friend at the movies and a meteor could hit, or you could be walking and there's suddenly a shoot out. There's no telling what could happen. Life does that to you and life is the reason why everyone is in the hospital. Including me.

--26 hours earlier-6:10 p.m. Thursday.

Spencer's POV

The rest of the school day went by smoothly and it turns out that I aced 2 of my finals. In one of my classes that I share with Andrew, I looked over and he seemed more alert and on edge than ever. He's been acting odd since Ms. Brent got poisoned.

Speaking of being on edge, I am also. I've been thinking about Hanna's plan and what we're supposed to do now and I just don't know anymore. How many times have we thought of a plan and it just didn't work in the end?

Maybe instead of doing this on my own, I should talk to everyone. Just as I park my car, I see Toby exit his. His hair has grown a lot since we got together to the point that he reminds me of a guy from the 1860s. "Hey." I say.

"Hey there." He smiles at me, placing an arm over my shoulder and we walk to the front door. I unlock it and we enter, the house empty and untouched. I turn around and make sure to lock the door like I've been reminded a million times by T-bird over here.

He has a satisfied smirk on his face as we plop onto the couch. This moment's silence is peaceful and comforting.

"So Hanna did a thing." I begin.

"A thing like what?" Toby responds, his body shifting to face me.

I lean into his ear, whispering, "When she had that fit, it was really just to make this anonymous person think she's done with us."

I pull back to see his expression. A part of him look confused while the other seems like it's processing this. All the while, his hand is rubbing my arm. Just his touch is enough to make feel like I'm on fire.

"They sent her a text and she's gonna infiltrate the person." I finish whispering, kissing below Toby's ear. I leave several kisses down his neck before he replies to what I said.

"So what are we gonna do about it?" His voice is raspy but still sounds as sweet as honey. He pulls me on top of him, onto his lap.

My mind is too clouded to know what to do next. I shrug and kiss his soft, pink lips.

"Should we..call.. Emily and Aria?" He says between kisses.

I need him. Now. "Later." I urge, my voice sounding much more steady than I feel. I always feel nervous and excited when Toby and I do this. It's something about him that sparks that in me.

I throw my shirt off and begin grinding on his bulge. "Spencer," Toby breathes. His hands trail up my back to my bra, unclasping it. He growls as I begin to grind harder. He kisses all over my chest, down my stomach until he reaches my jeans.

My legs wrap around his torso and he carries me up the stairs and to my bedroom. He gently lays me onto the bed and we undress ourselves into action.

Later

An hour later, I hear a knock and open the door, welcoming in Aria and Emily. Toby just finished a glass of water when he sits in the living room with the rest of us.

After I tell them about the thing Hanna did, we all sat in silence.

"So what now?" Aria asks. She keeps shaking her leg which means she's holding in something. I'll talk to her as soon as we're done with this.