Three Words

DEDICATED TO jadamerasty42 !! Here is the "more" you wanted! ;) I have a little something to say at the end in my author's note so please read that! ONTO THE STORY!

I turn around one last time before entering the school building.

I had to sneak out of my house and away from Toby to make it to school. He would've let me miss another day and I couldn't allow that to happen.

I did feel bad that I snuck away but I did kiss him lightly on his cheek.

For some strange reason, when he was asleep, he kept whispering, "Don't go to school tomorrow." Or he'd whisper, "Stay."

I didn't understand why.

I walk into homeroom and luckily, he's not there.

But Andrew is.

"Hey Andrew!" I greet him as I sit down.

"Hey Spencer?" He responds back, saying it more like a question, confused.

"What?"

"It's just, I always see you with that Toby guy. I'm a little bit surprised to see you without him."

"Is that a problem? We've been apart before." I say, trying not to sound rude.

"No, not at all. I like it." He says, hiding a timid smile.

I clear my throat and mutter, "Okay."

"The fundraiser went smoothly except for one short issue involving a student that we do not wish to disclose information about." Ms. Brent begins. I know she's talking about Aria.

"Aside from that issue, we raised well over one thousand dollars!" She shouts.

The class erupts into applause and cheers. I don't bother to applause.

"That's all for any new news. You all may resume to your conversations." Ms. Brent finishes, and walks off to her office.

"I'll be back, Andrew." I state.

I knock on Ms. Brent's door and walk in when she says, "Enter."

"Hello Spencer. How can I help you?" She asks.

"The project. Could Toby and I get an extension?"

I remembered that all this time with this anonymous person and these absent days, we haven't been working on our two month late project.

Ms. Brent sighs and replies, "I can't give any more extensions."

"Please, we've lost the camera but I found it and some of the pictures are missing. We have to retake them!"

"Fine, but only one week. It is due next Thursday. I will not accept it any time afterwards." She clarifies, with a stern look.

"Thank you! That's perfect. Thank you. We'll have it ready by then." I promise.

And with that, I walk out and the bell rings.

After School

When I arrive home, I immediately call out to Toby.

He didn't come to school today and he called me three times but I couldn't answer. I tried calling back but it went straight to voicemail.

"Toby!" I shout again.

He's not in my room. I rush down the stairs and throw open the door to the backyard and into the barn.

"Toby!" I call out again.

Nothing.

I look and see a wooden rocking chair next to the couch. There is a note attached to it. Toby's neat handwriting is visible. I read it to myself:

Spencer, I didn't want you to go to school today. I wanted to tell you myself.

I got a call from a hospital in Texas. It's my mom. She was in a car accident and is in critical condition.

I wanted to say goodbye to you but I guess you went to school without telling me. But that's fine. Anyway, I leave you this chair.

I've been working on it those days that I didn't go to school last week. I'm sorry we didn't get to say goodbye.

I don't know how long I'll be in Texas but I'll come back to you. We always come back to each other.

Be safe.

                                              Love always,
                                                          Toby

The note slips from my hand. The tears are already leaking and I place my hand on the chair.

It's beautiful. It's so beautiful, I don't even want to sit in it. But I do.

It was beautifully crafted by Toby. Toby, the guy that I snuck away from just to go to school. I didn't even get to say goodbye.

The tears fall harder. I slowly begin to rock the chair back and forth. In my mind, I am yelling at myself. I am angry.

I pick up the note and rip it to shreds. I scream and take the pillows from the couch and throw it around.

All I see is red. I have no idea what's going on but my anger is beginning to relieve it self.

Two hands grip my shoulder and I stop whatever it is I'm doing. The red goes away as I turn around to look at this person.

It's Melissa.

The flooding tears blur my vision of her but I know it is her.

"Spencer." She sternly says. I can hear a hint of worry in her voice.

I don't say anything. Instead, I look around me.

The pillows have been torn to shreds as well as the note. Feathers continue to float around us. The couch has been pushed back and the chair.

The chair is perfectly fine. It has only been moved and feathers take place in the seating part of it.

My cheeks were dry for a split second but a new set of warm tears take over.

Melissa pulls me close to her and pats my head. She is horrible at comforting me. If anything, I'd say I feel like a dog.

But I don't care at the moment. I start rocking back and forth.

I whisper the same three words, repeatedly, "I'm sorry, Toby."

[[A.N. Sorry it had to end like that! Anyways, I just wanted to say that this book is halfway or nearly halfway over. I'm sorry. But my ideas are running low as I'm not a creative person. I'm still deciding the ending but I already know how the future chapters will be and you'll love them! Again, I am truly sorry. But just try to prepare yourself for the rest of the book. Some of you want a Spoby fight and all I have to say is…be careful what you wish for. Fights have a bad outcome. Alright well that's all! Don't forget my ig is mrszoeystyles so chat to each other on there and KEEP CALM AND SHIP SPOBY!!]]