Blurry

**Undedicated. Alot going on in this chapter so ONTO THE STORY!! **

"Can I offer you some coffee, sir?" That Angelina chick from the desk asks me.

I don't respond to her and continue to pace back and forth in the waiting room, like I've been doing for the past ten minutes.

"Sir?" Her nasal voice asks again.

"No!" I shout at her. I felt bad but her voice was too annoying.

"Okay well can you stop pacing? You're causing the others to feel nervous." She says. I look at her and she gestures to the other waiting families.

"Fine." I say, only to shut her up. I sit down next to a woman with a wailing baby. The woman slightly shifts but focuses more on silencing her baby.

She was wearing the most disgusting and revealing clothes. The clothes that only a certain type of women wear. But she was also smoking and her hair was a mess.

All she did was rock the baby back and forth but the wailing did not stop. The baby was sick and she's not even begging for the doctors to come help her.

It felt like hours before the doctor walked into the room. "Doctor, how is she? Is she okay? Can I see her?" I question.

"Toby, your mother is… she passed away." Dr. West declares.

If pain is such a bad thing, then the pain I felt in that moment was the cruelest and most excruciating kind.

The pain I felt in that moment was the kind of pain that the Devil's slightest burning touch can give you.

It was unbearable.

I didn't even know I was holding my breath until the doctor said, "Mr. Cavanaugh, are you okay? You seem pale. Just breathe."

Just breathe. And let all the pain in.

I didn't know what to do. There was nothing I could throw. So I punched a wall.

And then I screamed. I threw a fit like a child.

"No!" I repeatedly shouted. "No, no, no."

Then the baby began to cry.

I looked at the disgusting mother, holding her sick child, trying to silence the baby.

"You." I said to her.

Her eyes looked up at me, from dull to scared.

"You. You take care of that child. Get a job and stop whatever it is you're doing now. Clean yourself up and go to rehab or something. Because guess what? This is your first and possibly only child. And if that baby, God forbids, dies, it will be on your hands and you will realize that you have lost everything that could've mattered. You would've lost a big part of you that half the time, you didn't even know existed. You'll realize that and you will regret not spending more time with them. Your past choices will come back and bite you in the ass. Hard. So take this chance while you have it and fix yourself before you start living in your own world of regrets."

And with that, I walk out of the hospital. But not before hearing the woman ask the doctor to help her baby.

I eventually manage to get a taxi and hop in. "Take me to the nearest bar."

         ◤At the bar

"Just give me the strongest you have." I tell the bartender. He nods and fills me a glass of dirty brown liquid. Strange, he didn't ask me for my I.D.

Maybe this happens to be one of those places that serve minors liquors. Or maybe they just don't give a fuck.

I know I don't.

Either way, I down the liquid. It burns but I like it. I need more.

The pain is slowly inching away.

"Keep it coming. I'm gonna be here a while." I state.

‧                       ‧                       ‧

Why is the room spinning? Is it just me?

I'm on my who-knows-how-many-and-who-cares amount of drinks before the bartender comes up to me.

"Here, someone sent it for you." He says and slides over a cup of some random alcohol with something under it.

"Kay thanks, Michelle." I slur.

"It's Michael." Michelle spits out.

"Whatever." I mutter.

I pull the note out from under the cup and flip it over. It reads:

Sorry to hear about the loss. Heard you had quite the tamper tantrum though. Don't let the alcohol get to your head. But one more drink won't hurt, right? Poor Spencer would be though. She'd be crushed. Who's gonna have to tell her? I volunteer as tribute.

My blood is boiling. My face is hot and my vision has gotten increasingly blurry in the last five seconds.

I stand from my stool, which was a mistake seeing as I almost lost balance and tipped over.

I grab the mysterious cup and next thing you know, I'm looking at tiny fragments of the glass and a liquid stained wall.

My breaths are uneven and all eyes are on me. But I've only got my eyes on one person.

"Michael, who sent me that drink?" I ask, pulling him by the collar of his shirt.

"I don't know, man. It was some lady with really nice eyes. That's all I can remember noticing." He says, his eyes widened.

"Her eyes? What about her hair? Or her height? Maybe even the clothes she was wearing?"

"Um, I think she had a long black dress on and matching boots." He says, unsure of himself.

I let go of his collar. What am I doing? I need to go back to Spencer. Now.

I throw a fifty dollar bill on the counter, although I'm sure that's not enough to cover all that I've drank and I run out.

I all of a sudden feel really light headed. My breathing is shallow. I'm gonna either pass out, puke, or both. Either is good and I need to get to the airport and on a plane before I end up doing both.

[[A.N. I know, its so intense but I had to stop it there or else it would've been too long and that can't happen just yet.

Thank you all so much for telling me your thoughts last chapter, both on here and on IG! Also thank you so so so much on 55K READS!! This is always so amazing. I'm loving this journey I am on with you guys. Every milestone I reach is another grateful thank you to you and surprise for me. I honestly thought this story was gonna be a flop since Chapter 1 but you guys made it into something so popular among the Spoby readers and something that I'm actually so very proud of. I don't think I can ever show you how grateful and proud and thankful I am. I love you all. Each and every one of you, Spoby shippers.

KEEP CALM AND SHIP SPOBY!! I'm off to bed cause its 1am but goodnight. Don't forget to tell me your thoughts, I love the feedback!]]