Maybe

** DEDICATED TO ambermerk !! The answer to you saying 'please have spoby make upp" is maybe! You'll just have to wait and see. ONTO THE STORY!!**

I finally arrive home. I throw my bag onto the couch in the living room and head straight to the barn. Without even knocking, I open the doors and enter.

Big mistake.

Out comes Toby from the bathroom, naked. Well, naked plus a towel wrapped around his waist. 

He spots me and freezes just as he's pushing his wet, flat hair back. "Hey, Spencer." He says, more like a question.

I suck in a deep breath. Just avoid looking anywhere but his face. "What happened to your mom?"

Confusion strikes his face. "What?"

"You said your mom just something right before Mona interrupted. It was the reason you were drunk." I say without flinching at the memory of him drunk. I've got this.

"Oh." Toby mutters, looking away from me. He runs his fingers through his hair, and sighs. He looks at me and I can see his eyes slowly begin to dull, and his face paling.

"Toby, what happened to your mom?" I ask him again. Please don't be what I think it is.

Toby slams himself onto the couch and pats the spot next to him. I shift my weight to my right side and cross my arms.

"You are so stubborn." He states. 

"Stop trying to change the subject." I demand. I tap my fingers against my arm, something I do when I'm either impatient or nervous. Right now, I'm both.

"Spencer, my mom.. the car accident caused her to fall into a coma. She was in ICU, critical condition. When I got there, there were all these wires and cords. But I sat down to talk to her. I gave her this huge apology for not going with her to Texas." He pauses.

This weight of guilt falls onto my shoulders. It was my fault; I kept him from being with his only real family. And for what now? We're over and it honestly wasn't worth it to fight to keep him here. Maybe if he was with his mom, this wouldn't have happened. She wouldn't have been in a car accident.

 But then you wouldn't have known he was the one who took the pictures. Maybe I could've lived like that, not knowing. Maybe it was best for me not to know.

"Then, the doctor told me I had to leave so he can do a check-up on her. I had to let go of her hand. That's when she did it; she squeezed my hand. The doctor was telling me it was my imagination, but I know what I felt. I was yelling at him to believe me, but he told me to calm down or else the yelling would stress my mom. The heart monitor started to go off like crazy and I was pulled out of the room. I waited forever in the waiting room, and then Dr. West came up to me and..and." He stops to take a deep breath. I know what he's going to say.

"She's gone, Spencer. My mom is gone. I got drunk and that anonymous person said they'd tell you I was drunk and how crushed you'd be when you found out. I got pissed, broke a glass cup, and got on the next plane here. When I got to your door, that's when I remembered. And I'm sure you can figure what happened since then." He trails off.

"Yeah, you drank my parents' alcohol and threw a bottle at me. I haven't forgotten." I angrily remark. I saw him flinch and I rolled my eyes. 

"Spencer, I am so sorry. I was drunk and I don't know what got into my head." Toby begins to apologize.

"Save it," I stop him, putting my hand up. "I'm over it now. I moved on. You should too." 

He scoffs, and looks at me with anger in his eyes. "Spencer, did you hear me? I remembered.

I shrug, "Okay?" What was that supposed to mean? 

"I wasn't aware Spencer. I didn't know all this time. Remember when I told you that Tanner once got me completely wasted?" He points out. I do remember.

"He made me do it. He got me drunk and got me to mindlessly take pictures of you. That's why I drank your parents' alcohol. That's why I didn't know all this time." He says, relieved, as if that somehow fixed everything.

"You don't get it, do you Toby? You still did it. And that picture, that one picture, ruined everything. It ruined my friendship, it ruined my family, and it ruined me." I want him to understand the situation from my point of view.

His face is red, and a frown is settled unto his usually frown-free face. "The picture did not ruin you. Tanner did. Tanner was the mastermind behind all of this. Tanner was the one who got me drunk to take the picture. And maybe it was Tanner who printed it out and put it up for the whole school to see." His shouting towards the end slightly catches me off guard.

"Then maybe it was Tanner who turned you into this shouting monster." I spit back, and turn around to walk back home. I heard him using all kinds of swear words I hadn't heard him use before yesterday. 

As soon as I close the door, I exhale. Two teardrops fall but I quickly wipe them away. No more crying for him, Spencer. If there was something I ever did right, it was on that first day I met Toby, when I vowed myself to no boys. 

I can't believe how easily I let him get under my skin after I vowed myself. I should've known how bad this relationship was going to be when I wondered one too many times about how easily I broke my vow.

[A.N. Crazy chapter, huh? So the big question is... WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON? I feel like most of you will say Toby's but I just wanna see!

Btw, on IG, I will post a pic of all the 'nominations' of what to call Spencer's car. Please actually comment your answer because I'm not gonna go back and change it once it's decided. :)

Let's have a moment bc my favorite author on Wattpad, Anna Todd, author of the After trilogy, is actually reading this fanfic. So, I also dedicate this chapter to her!

And as for updating more often, I get out of school May 23 so you can obviously expect tons more updates instead of just every Sunday! That's all I have to say. KEEP CALM AND SHIP SPOBY, SPOBIANS! xo ]]