Epilogue

Toby's POV

*One month later*

Spencer swings the door open and a smile instantly appears. I open my arms and she runs right into them, heating my body immediately. I place a kiss on her forehead when she pulls back and place my arms behind my back, hiding the gift. She arches one of her eyebrows but before she could say anything, I say, "Let's go inside. It's freezing out here."

I enter the warm house and turn my body to face Spencer, the gift still behind my back. Spencer faces me as well and her eyes are bright and her cheeks rosy, her hair disheveled and she still looks perfect. I realize that I'm holding my breath as I stare at the piece of art in front of me and I look down as I feel heat rush to my cheeks. Spencer lifts my head up and our eyes meet and her lips touch mine softly. "Merry Christmas," I whisper as I present the gift to Spencer. I hand the gift to her and she is quick to unwrap it. I laugh when she sees what it is.

"Toby...I love it. It must have cost you a fortune!" She exclaims. I wrap my arms around her waist as she still observes the gift. I bought her a custom made necklace with a locket on it. Inside the locket was a picture of Spencer and I the night I asked her to be my girlfriend; Her small hands were wrapped around my neck as our lips collided and it was one of the best nights of my life, although every night with Spencer is the best night ever.

"Can you put it on me, please?" Spencer aks, her voice slightly shaky. I'm slightly taken back by how surprised and emotional Spencer's reaction was but I take the locket out of her hands and place it around her neck. I see that Spencer still wears the necklace I got her that night; it was heart shaped and 'Indescribable love, Toby' was written on it. I don't think she ever took it off, now that I think about it. Also now that I'm thinking about it, this is the second necklace I got her. Maybe one day, I should upgrade and get her a ring. But that's one day; there's no rush for us to get engaged.

As the day goes on, everyone is at the Hastings' house and wrapping paper is all over the place. Spencer got me, or really us, matching boyfriend and girlfriend shirts. Mine says, 'I'm her prince' in a Disney font and Spencer's shirt says, 'I'm his princess' with a little red bowtie on the corner of 'I'm'. I jokingly roll my eyes and give her a brief kiss. "I love you, prince." Spencer whispered to me as Hanna unwrapped her gift from Spencer and I. "I love you, princess." I had whispered back to her.

A few months later, in June, Spencer turned 18 finally and just a few short months after that, Senior year started. Spencer's parents continued to let me live in the barn, at least until I could find my own place. Towards the end of Senior year, with some of Spencer's help, I managed to get accepted into the New Jersey Institute of Technology. Spencer got accepted into every single college she applied to but she chose Princeton University, just to be closer to me. We'd only be an hour away from each other and we wouldn't live with each other until our second year of college. We want to be familiar with New Jersey and its surroundings before we move in together.

You can guess that Spencer planned all of that out but I went along with it because I love her and I'd do anything to be with her.

*4 years later*

Spencer's POV

"Spencer Hastings." My name is called and I jump up out of my seat and make my way towards the stage. I tug my sleeves down nevously and I take the steps to the stage one step at a time, trying not to trip and fall. I can't embarass myself in front of my family, friends, or Toby. Today is an extremely important day. I'm finally graduating from college!

I am handed my degree and I do the standard procedure. I look towads the audience where Toby and my parents, Melissa and the girls, all stand up and applaud. I catch Toby whistling and I nervously laugh, making my way down the stage and back to my seat.