Everything, pt. 1

24 hours later; 2 hours left before *it* happens. 6:11 p.m. Friday.

Spencer's POV

Everyone is ready, aware, and prepared. At least that's what I keep telling myself but it's not really easing my nerves, or keeping my palms from sweating.

What if something goes wrong? What if someone gets hurt? I don't know what I would do if Toby ended up in the hospital because of me again.

He deserves better than someone who ends him up in the hospital. He deserves better than me...

No, what am I thinking?

I love Toby and Toby loves me. We declared our love for each other in words and in risks we took for each other. We made love and I could never regret that. We've been through hell and back and he still loves me just as I love him.

I shake my head and Toby's voice pulls me away from my frantic thoughts. "Hey, you okay?" He looks down at me with those beautiful blue eyes that always mesmerize me.

A few seconds of silence pass before I say, "Just remember that I love you, alright?" 

His eyebrows furrow in confusion and he pulls me close to him. He kisses my forehead and I nestle into the crook of his neck.

"I know," He murmurs in my ear, causing me to shiver. "I love you too. So much." I want to stay in this moment forever but my phone buzzes. I pull back from the warmth of Toby.

A text from Emily says:

H 15 r34dy

I smile to myself as I translate the text into basic English. "Hanna is ready," I tell Toby. 

He runs his hands through his hair, clearly upset. I would ask him what's wrong but I already know what's wrong; he doesn't want me to do this. "Everything will be fine. I promise." I tell him. I'm honestly not even sure myself but I have to believe that everything will be fine for Toby's sake. 

"Let's just go. We should just get this over with." He says, grabbing my hand and leading me out of the house. I lock the door and we make our way into the car and I spot a baseball bat in the back seat.

"You were serious?" I ask him, raising my eyebrows. He grins at me, the crinkles by his eyes visible. Those crinkles bring a smile to my face. "Of course." He replies.

On the drive to our location, behind the school, I think about what happened yesterday morning after Aria snatched me to the bathroom.

I walked back to the classroom where Toby still stood, waiting for me. I saw Andrew was also still there. I asked him, "So what was it you needed to tell me?" and Andrew, still frantic and nervous, just said it was nothing. I really wish I knew what he was going to say.

We pull up by the school but I tell Toby to try to drive into the woods to make the car hidden. He manages to do that and we wait. I send a text to the girls which was a series of numbers that meant each person, aside from Hanna, arrived. Mine was 4322. Emily soon texts hers: 8725. 

After about almost ten minutes, I begin to grow concerned because Aria hadn't texted her code but seconds later, my phone buzzes. I look at my screen and it shows Aria's name with 5682. I breathe a sigh of relief. 

The next step in the plan is to stay close but hidden from Hanna and the Anonymous person's sight. Luckily, it's pretty foggy tonight so we shouldn't be spotted. 

I look over at Toby and plant a firm kiss on his lips. He pushes his mouth deeper onto mine, trying to deepen the kiss but I have to go. I pull away, reluctantly, and Toby wipes away a tear that I didn't even know escaped. "I love you, Toby." I shakily whisper. I'm honestly really scared now.