So Close Yet So Far

**RE-DEDICATED TO:LIZTHESLOTH!! She made this amazing, new cover! So..this is it. This is the chapter that something happens. I'll leave you all to it so..ON TO THE STORY!**

I rush out of the classroom as soon as the bell rings, making sure Toby doesn't catch up with me. Luckily, I get lost in the crowd of students. I need to get out of here and fast! People give me strange looks as I shove past them. I decide to take one look behind me and instantly regret it.

Toby's head is moving around until his blue eyes lock onto my brown ones. Now he's pushing through the crows.

Damn it! Why did I have to turn around? Why did he have to be so tall? There's no time to think about these questions so I try to continue my escape.

Its almost time for the tardy bell to ring so I run into my next period as soon as the teacher is about to shut the door. "Miss Hastings, it's quite unexpected of you to show up 5 seconds until the bell rings. Don't do it again." Ms. Feeja says in a stern voice. I just nod and walk towards my seat.

****

School was over and I managed to avoid Toby all day, even at lunch, and make it to my car. Just as I pull out, I hear a thud on my window. I turn and almost scream. Its a note. I get out the car and yank it off. It read:

Hurry or else you'll regret it.

My hands shake as I try to open the car door. Who the hell is doing this? It begins to rain as I drive towards the park.

When I arrived, no one is there so I take a seat on the bench. The rain begins to get harder as you can barely see a thing.

*Rustle*

My head whips around. No one is there. Maybe it was just me...

I swear I see a shadow pass not too far from where I'm sitting. I decide to go check it out. Then again, maybe I shouldn't. Its usually a bad idea in horror films but then again, this is reality. And reality sucks.

*Swish*

I saw it!! A black shadow passed me but I saw it from the corner of my eye.

"What do you want?!" I shout. I'm pretty sure I heard someone whisper 'You'.

"Who are you?!" I shout again. I probably shouldn't have said that as I hear more movement and a presence behind me.

My head whips around and I see brown eyes and a black hoodie before blackness takes over me by a glass bottle hitting my head. The last thing I hear is a shaky breath being released.

*Toby's POV*

What's up with Spencer? I haven't been able to see or speak to her since after Homeroom. What was it that caused her to look so scared? Her face worried me and now I can't shake that feeling away.

I walk out the doors and see her drive out of the school parking lot. She seems to be in a rush as she drives past the stop sign.

I need to go. I need to make sure she's okay. I run towards my truck and begin to take the same directions I saw her make.

After a while, I begin to feel loat. This rain is no good weather to be driving in. Maybe she went to one of the girls' house. I drive by the diner and wait impatiently as the driver in front of me takes their sweet time driving out of the park's parking lot.

I swear that car looks alot like Spencer's but maybe I'm just imagining it. Finally, I'm able to park and make a few calls.

After an hour of calling everyone that she could've possibly contacted, I sigh. Where are you Spencer? I miss you so much. Please, I need to know where she is.

I get out of the car and walk towards the doors of the diner.

*Bing*

I hear by me. I hear it several more times and I swear it sounds so familiar. I walk towards the sound and look down.

No. No way. It's Spencer's phone.

I pick it up and read some of the new messages she continues to receive:

'Spencer! Txt me later..I've got some good news! Its about Noel!'

'Spencer, answer your phone! Its urgent!!'

'Spence, are u there? Answer!!'

'Where are you? I haven't seen you at all today!'

But then I see one message that was sent during Homeroom:

'After school, in the park. Don't be a second late.'

It says it's from Unknown. And that's when it all clicks and forms together as a puzzle.

She received the message this morning, seemed frightened, and I guess she was too afraid to tell me? That's who she must've drove off to see after school. That means that it was her car that was here. That also means that she was just here but if her phone was left here, that means...oh god! She was kidnapped!

[[A.N. So..WHAT DID YOU GUYS THINK? I hope its not too soon to start up some craziness. WHO ARE YOUR SUSPECTS?! I have a 4-day weekend starting Friday so I will post either two or three more chapters! But I know I will post more than one chapter. Write more comments for MORE PARTS! It really motivates me to write more and makes me think you guys are actually interested! That's all I have to say so.. KEEP CALM AND SHIP SPOBY!!]]