To Trust Is A Miracle (A Spoby FanFic)

"Is that her?"

"Oh my gosh, how embarrassing!"

"Whore."

"She's still here?"

"I heard what happened. Must suck."

These were the whispers and taunts of the students at Rosewood Day. As I walked through the halls, the comments grew harsher and harsher. I knew what I did but so did they. So did the whole school. It was probably the most scandalous thing to have ever happened. But why must they pick on the victim and not the 'suspect'? He did this to me; he started all these rumors. 

All of a sudden, I felt people pushing and shoving me outside. No one bothered to ask me how I felt or what really happened. No, they just all assumed. If you think that's bad, how about the next day? I tried to confide in my 'best friends' but all they did was shut me out and joined the rest.

I look around the field. It was full of football players so I make a run to behind the bleachers. No one said anything so I knew I made it. I begin to think of that night. I thought it was all wonderful in the beginning but now? It's a huge disaster. 

I cover my face with my wavy brown hair and felt the tears trickle down my face. How did I let this happen? Why couldn't I just let myself go? I gasp as I hear a rustle by me. I look closer and see a boy crouching there. Who was he? All I could see were his shiny, blue eyes staring back at me. He slowly crawled out from the bush.

He had light brown hair, wore a green 'I heart nature' t-shirt and bright blue jeans. "Sorry. I was just hiding from the football players. They have a tendency to pick on the new guys." He says with a sly smile. He puts his hand out and says,"The name's Toby. Toby Cavanaugh. And you?" This time he says it with a full on grin. As I reach my hand out and about to say my name, the football players come out of nowhere.

 "Wow, I guess it's true! She WILL screw anyone!" One says. "What about me, sweet cheeks?" Another said with a smirk.

I get up with anger and about to reply until a third one says,"Hey, if Tanner can get some, how 'bout me?" That hit a nerve. Tears threatened to fall so I just run away to the side walk, on my way to go home. I heard the guys laughing, soon turning faint. I jump when I feel a cold hand lay on my shoulder. I turn to see Toby's face. He seemed upset and confused. 

"Hey, I'm sorry. They shouldn't have said that. But I never learned your name." 

I take a sharp breath and say,"Spencer. Spencer Hastings. Now please, leave me alone." I didn't bother to stand there another second and ran. He shouted after me but I didn't care. I decided to not go home and go somewhere else, like the woods.

I feel the energy and anger built inside me. I felt it so much that when I felt far away enough, I screamed. I screamed until my throat ached and couldn't keep going. 

Why couldn't I just be left alone? I have nothing and no one to go to now and the whole school hates me! The last thing I need is that Toby guy to come into my life. From now on, no boys. That's my most important rule. I am done with boys! Even if they have pretty eyes.