Alive and Well

**DEDICATED TO coralee2001 !!! Thanks for telling me to update! Haha! Anyways, this is an interesting chapter.... ONTO THE STORY!!**

My alarm shrieks me awake, groaning in the process if turning it off. It's Monday already? I sit up on the bed, carefully removing Toby's arm on my waist.

I should get ready. I stand up and stalk towards my closet. I look around for some sweater vests but I stop. A hand yanks the hanger from my grip and places it back in the closet. I turn to Toby, confused.

He doesn't look at me, focused on my closet. He pulls out a violet shirt, my favorite biker jacket, and some skinny black jeans.

Wait- when did I get skinny jeans?

I laugh when he places the clothing in my arms. He can't possibly think I'd wear this to school. I turn back around to decide on another set of clothes.

A blue shirt with sleeves and some khaki pants will do just fine. I hear Toby scoff behind me. I place a light kiss on his cheek and walk away.

After preparing myself, and making breakfast for Toby and I, Toby is fully dressed and I drive our way to school.

I didn't have to come to school. Actually, my mom preferred that I stayed at home, but I refused. I couldn't miss any more days!

I'd already missed two days.

There goes my twelve years of perfect attendance!

When I finally park, I shift in my seat to look at Toby.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask him. He's been quiet all morning and it's been making me worried. He shakes his head, trying to reassure me.

Not working.

"Tell me Toby! I'm kinda worried over here!" My voice raises. He sighs and opens his mouth," I just...are you sure you're ready to go back to school?" He mutters.

"Yes! I have missed so much and I can't afford to miss anymore days."

"It's only been two days. People might treat you differently. I just want to make sure you're prepared for whatever is in that school." He admits.

A small smile plays on my lips. "I love you, and thank you so much for caring and being protective. I'm positive I'll be okay." I tell him, with as much confidence as I can muster. Honestly, I'm not sure if I could handle it. But it's worth a shot, right?

We both step out of the car, Toby's hand immediately linking with mine. I smile at the gesture and we begin walking towards the front doors of the school building.

As the doors are swung open, I'm surprised to see the whole school packed with students, cheering and shouting my name.

I look at Toby, shocked and confused. He returns the same expression and simply shrugs.

I thank everyone with a smile, and the bell rings. Everyone shuffles and rushes around to get to Homeroom, Toby and I repeating the same actions.

We make it on time, sitting in our separated seats. Ms. Brent clears her throat and says," Class, let's give a warm welcome back to Spencer Hastings. She has gone through so much last week and here she is today. Alive and well."

Everyone in the class, even Toby, applauded me. I blush and smile at everyone. "Thank you." I mumble.

Toby's POV

Everyone, even I, are applauding. She smiles as a blush creeps onto her cheeks. She's so shy sometimes, but it's cute. She mumbles a 'Thank you' and puts her head down.

I'm gonna miss that. Her smile. Her shyness. The way she lights up when I kiss her. How, when she sleeps, she reaches out for me, as if she's afraid I'll leave.

When she smiles, my heart beat speeds and I can't help the happiness and love I feel towards her that comes with it.

But now, when she smiles, I can't feel anything but guilt.

Spencer's POV

When everyone is done applauding, I look at Toby. His head is turned, and he is frowning.

What is wrong with him? There's something he's not telling me. I'm going to get to the bottom of it.

[[A.N. Oooh! Go Spencer! What's up with Toby? Well, tell me your theories! I love to see what you guys think. Anyways, remember I keep you updated on my IG: mrszoeystyles so go follow that! That's all so... KEEP CALM AND SHIP SPOBY!!]]