Blood and Family

**DEDICATED TO rhyicypop_11 !!!! Loved the comment! I don't wanna say much except that this chapter is reallyyy long!! Enjoy! Onto the story!!**

Toby's POV

The thing is heavy to move but I manage to get it on the sand. This light is an interesting color purple. Words appear on the grass. It's a UV light! It says:

Holler, holler
Can't you hear?
She is very near
Be sure not to stomp
She may jump.
Up and down,
the waves go.
Up and DOWN

I do what it told me not to. I stomp. I jump up and down. Weird! What was the point of that? I need to think.

I sit on the steps of the staircase. Up and down the waves go? And why was 'down' capitalized? My head hangs low and I turn it to face my right.

The sun shines on the word down. Hm, interesting. The sun happens to be shining downward and into the lighthouse. I look to where the sunlight ends and notice something. Wood?

I walk outsides and towards the wood. It's almost completely covered in the sand. I push all of it away.

Woah. It looks like a secret downstairs spot. I try to pull it open but it won't budge. It's locked.

I do what I can. I stomp on it. I repeat my same actions from inside the lighthouse. One of the doors fly open. Finally! I crawl inside.

Spider webs surround me and it's dark in here. Could Spencer really be here? I keep walking and I see a room. Actually two. I enter the first one and it's nothing special. Just a couch, coffee table, and a couple bottles of alcohol drinks. The next room is shut by a door. I try to open it but it's locked. She must be in here!

Creak

I hear behind me. I don't turn around. As soon as I hear wind whooshing, I do turn around. I grab onto the whatever was behind me. It's a person.

It's too dark to see who it is underneath that hoodie. What I caught in my hand was a shovel. My eyes are wide. Was this person about to hit me with a shovel?

The hooded person shoves the shovel at me and runs. Hell no. This person is not getting away with anything. I run after them and grab them by the back of their hoodie and push them against a wall.

They turn around, pull me by the collar of my shirt and I'm being shoved into that room with the drinks. Luckily, I slam into the couch. They're running towards me but I kick the coffee table.

The bottles shatter and the person is down. My heavy breathing continues as I walk towards the person.

Before I know it, the person is up and pointing a shard of glass at me. I'm being backed away from the person when they continue to walk towards me. When I finally hit the couch, they try to stab me but I grab it out of their gloved hand.

Now I'm the one pointing the glass shard at the mystery person. Instead of taking a jab at them, I kick them in the chest. When they fall back, the hoodie falls off.
Tanner. That bastard.

"Where the hell is she?" I shout. He smirks at me.

Spencer's POV

I think I've been asleep. Or passed out. I don't know anymore. Woah, I'm really dehydrated. I can barely even cough now. Or have I run out of blood already?

I hate not knowing anything. I hate this. I hate being hurt and the blame for everything. I hate that I'm here, just because I was naive. Why can't I just be at home with Toby, watching Friends reruns and drinking hot cocoa. Instead, I had to be taken against my own will and beaten the crap out of.

I miss everything. I've been here for what feels like weeks. I miss when Hanna complained that her mom would cut her off for spending too much money on Victoria's Secret. Or when Aria and Mike got into fights and she would be so upset that we'd comfort her. I miss Melissa rubbing her achievements in my face. I miss when Emily would come to class drenched in water because she didn't have time to get ready.

Am I over exaggerating? I mean, I'm not gonna die. Am I? I guess we'll just have to see.

Ugh, my head hurts. The sound of something crashing is irritating. Wait, why is something crashing?

I sit up and try to slither this rope off my wrists. It only burns my wrists worse.

"Where the hell is she?" A voice shouts. Please don't be my imagination. Please don't be. Please be who I think it is.

Toby's POV

I walk up to him, pull him up by the collar of his hoodie and shove him into the wall. He grunts and bends down.

I grab his hoodie and drag him towards the shut door. "Is she in here?" I ask. Nothing.

Is he really ignoring me? I kneel down to him and I look dead at his face. "Listen to me. You took her. You took her from me and her friends. You hurt her." My hand finds its way to his throat. "You messed with me with stupid rhyming clues. Explain this to me: Why aren't you dead yet?" My hand wraps around his throat. His face turns pale.

"Be-because..we're family." He chokes out. I loosen the grip on him and he backs away, trying to catch his breath. We're family. That's what he has to say?

"You can't kill me because we're family. You can't hurt family, Toby." He whispers. I growl. You can't hurt family? "You hurt Spencer, therefore you hurt me."

"Spencer was never yours, man. I always had her wrapped around my finger. Ever since the day we fu-" I stop him there with a punch to his jaw. "Shut up." I kick him at his stomach.

He's trying to distract me. I need to find Spencer. I search him for any keys but he hasn't got any. I reach up to the top border of the door and the key is in my hand.

I take no time opening the door. I see a figure and immediately run to it. It's Spencer. "It's you. I found you." I hug her. She's so skinny and small in my arms.  "Toby..no..look." She chokes out. I turn around and Tanner is coming towards me with the shovel that he shoved at me just moments ago.

Just as he swings it, I panic and soon, blood is on the floor. I stabbed him with the glass shard in his torso just as the shovel hit the side of my head.

I'm losing conciousness. "Toby! No, don't go." A shaky, fragile voice speaks. I turn to Spencer. I can't say anything so I try to untie the rope. That doesn't work so I take the bloody glass shard and cut through the thick rope.

"Go, Spencer. Get some help. My...pocket.." The last part barely made it out of my mouth. The last thing I hear is Spencer saying," Toby, you're bleeding!" Darkness consumes me.

[[ A.N. Thoughts on Toby?? And what'd you think of this long chapter? Should I make a twitter so you guys can stay up to date on what's going on? Let me know everything in the comments!! That's all so KEEP CALM AND SHIP SPOBY!!]]