You & I

**DEDICATED TO littleliar02spoby !! Sweet comment!! :3  This is another filler chapter but I'll explain why later! ONTO THE STORY!**

Toby's POV

"Hey Spencer. Can I talk to Toby? It's urgent." Melissa's voice echos throughout the room.

She looks over Spencer's shoulder. She gives me a urgent looking face. Spencer is unmoving, probably debating whether she should say no or let her in. I help her decide.

"Uh, Spence, let her in." Spencer's head whips around.

I read the confusion settled on her facial features. Her eyebrows are knitted closely together, lips slightly parted, and wide eyes. I try to show her that I am equally confused before she turns around and leaves. I sigh as Melissa shuts the door.

Silence.

"Hello Mel-"

"Where the hell were you, Toby?" Her shouting interrupts me.

So much for a proper greeting.

"Where. Were. You?" She spits out through gritted teeth.

"Tanner, he was sending me texts with clues to find her and-" I start off but I am interrupted once again.

"Wait, Tanner did this?" Her eyes widened and her face is red. She's trying to breathe normally but the anger is getting to her. I guess no one told her.

"Yeah, and he was sending me texts to find her." I repeat. Melissa turns to face me but she is still angry.

"It was creepy, rhyming texts. But it allowed me to find her. I found her in this storm cellar, right under a lighthouse." I pause to look up at Melissa. She has calmed down a little bit, so I continue. "The lighthouse where it happened." I stop myself to look up again. She doesn't look at me, just nods her head for me to continue.

"When I got there, Tanner found me and we fought. That was when I found Spencer. She was locked up in this dark room and she looked practically dead. There were small puddles of blood and she was in horrible condition." I stop myself again. That moment was great and horrible.

When I found Spencer, her face was bruised and swollen. She looked slightly skinnier and she was so fragile when I held her. It was all so unreal.

"When I got to her, I heard Tanner behind me. He was about to hit me with a shovel so I panicked and stabbed him with a glass shard just as he hit me with a shovel. I lost conciousness but not before I told Spencer to use my phone to call the ambulance. And, here I am." I sigh.

More silence. Then a small whimper.

I look over to Melissa. Her hands are shaking and she's crying. I don't think I've ever seen her show much emotion, especially near me.

I decide to comfort her and I bring my hand to her small back and rub it.

I feel slightly uncomfortable, but I push it away. We're both upset so I guess we both needed the comforting.

"I can't believe that happened to her, my little sister. This seems so unreal. I am so sorry for shouting at you. I was just scared." She rushes. All I do is simply nod my head. I completely understand, afterall, I'd react the same.

Melissa gets up and open the door. "Sorry, again." She mumbles and walks out, Spencer entering afterwards.

"What was that ab-" She begins. I shush her and motion her to come to me. I extend my arm out, opening my hand.

She immediately places her hand in it and I pull her close to me. I kiss her hand. I slowly lead up to her arm and plant more kisses.

Spencer's POV

He grabs my hand and I am gently pulled towards his body. He softly kisses my hand. Then, he begins to leave a trail of kisses on my arm. He pulls me closer to him and leaves one kiss on my neck.

Another is planted on my jaw. His other hand is brought up to my cheek and smoothly caresses it. He kisses my jaw again.

That's when he slightly moves my head from one side to the other. His breathing is slightly increasing.

I know what he's doing. He's looking at all the bruises left behind from Tanner. He saw the purple finger marks on my neck. He sees my swollen lips. He kisses them anyway.

His hands move down my waist, not breaking the kiss. His fingers curl around the hem of the shirt and pulls it up a little, only revealing my stomach.

He pulls away and observes. Several dark purple bruises are rested there and I flinch when Toby's cold fingers brushes them. Then, he places small kisses on the bruises.

It hurts but I try not to flinch. All I can do is just stand there and watch the boy I love kiss away my bruises. His lips come back up to my ear and he whispers," I'm so sorry." He pulls down my shirt and holds both of my hands in his.

"It's not your fault, Toby." I whisper back. It's not. I should have trusted him enough to have told him. I should have stopped running away from him. Instead, I was running towards my enemy, my dead end.

"It is. I shouldn't have let you get to your car. I should've ran into your class and demanded you out of class, or something. I could have protected you, Spencer." His voice raises.

Not much from anger, more like disappointment. Not at me, at himself.

"But you saved me. That's all that matters. I'm here now." I speak in a calm tone. I don't want to argue with him over this.

He sighs, and runs his hand through his hair. He's calming himself down.

"Promise me something." He immediately says. I quickly nod my head. Anything for him.

"Promise me that nothing will come between you and I. Nothing. Not a thing at all, because I can't lose you. I almost did and I don't want that to happen again. Promise me that."

"Nothing will come between the two of us. We'll make it to the end. Together. I promise." I promise him. I know we'll make it.

I just have faith. And hope. Let's hope what they say about hope isn't true.

[[ A.N. This chapter is a filler because I have Thanksgiving break so... I WILL BE UPDATING MORE!!  I may update again either Tuesday or Wednesday so keep an eye out!

And sorry but I had to put in some 1D lyrics! It just fit so perfectly so please don't hate!

Hope you enjoyed! KEEP CALM AND SHIP SPOBY!!]]