Trial Time

**DEDICATED TO 4ever__pll !!! Thank you so much for the comment! I loved it! Okay guys, this is THE LONGEST CHAPTER I HAVE EVER WRITTEN! So, ONTO THE STORY!!**

~Two days later~

Toby was questioned yesterday after the doctors said he was fine, he just has to be careful due to his rib.He can sit up, but very slowly, and talk clearly.

"Miss Hastings and Mr. Cavanaugh, you wished to press charges, correct?" The man who questioned Toby and I asks. We both nod.

"Well, the trial is today, at three o'clock in the afternoon. I know it's such short notice but I've already spoken with your lawyer and she is here to prepare you both." Just as he finishes, my mom walks in.

Oh God. I'm so nervous. I haven't seen Tanner since the other night when Toby found me.

A cold hand grips onto my clammy one. I look up at Toby and he gives me a small, reassuring smile. I return the smile.

"Okay, are you guys ready? I am going to go over the things you two must say and the possible questions you will be asked." My mother begins as the man scurried off.

·Trial Time·

"All rise for the honorable Judge Jarris." A guy announces. My mother, Toby, and I and everyone in the courtroom stands up, welcoming the Judge. Judge Jarris takes a seat and we all sit back down.

I look over to my left and there he is. Tanner. He looks so calm, like he hasn't got a care in the world. That just makes me more pissed.

He must've noticed me staring cause he turned to me and gave me a smirk. Disgusting, I think.

I wipe my sweaty hands on my black pencil skirt. Can't they just call me up already?

"Spencer Hastings, up to the Witness Stand." Judge Jarris voice booms. I practically jump out of my seat and walk towards the stand.

The same guy that announced the Judge's presence comes up to me. I put one hand on the bible in his hands and the other hand is raised. "Do you, Spencer Hastings, solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?" He recites the Sworn Testimony.

I stop myself from rolling my eyes and say," I, Spencer Hastings, solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God." I walk into the box and sit on the uncomfortable chair.

My mother comes up to me with a serious face. I take a deep breath and prepare for her questions.

"Miss Hastings," I cringe as she addresses me but she continues, "did that young man, Mr. Smith, kidnap you?" She asked, getting right to the point. "Yes." I respond. My mother nods.

"And you had a previous relationship with this young man, correct?"

"Yes, but it ended briefly."

"Would you care to explain your experience?" She demands, more than questions. I nod.

I proceed to talk about what happened. To when I received a mysterious text, to when he took me, to how he treated me,  and abused me.

When I'm finished, I look around the courtroom. The environment is silent. My mother's eyes are threatening to spill tears, Toby is already letting the tears fall, and Tanner is looking down with his head in his hands. And the Judge is silently pondering.

"That is all, your honor. Thank you Miss Hastings." Mom cleared her throat and spoke.

When I take my seat next to Toby, I am engulfed in a hug. I hug him back and whisper in his ear," I'm okay."