Sincerity

**DEDICATED TO alexiaroxz1237 !!! Thanks for the advice! :) This is super short but I said why it was on my IG (mrszoeystyles) ONTO THE STORY!**

After an agonizing ten minutes, Judge Jarris finally returns.

"All rise." That man announces again. The Judge takes his seat and we all sit back down.

This is it. It's now or never.

"Tanner Smith, please stand." Judge Jarris demands. Tanner quickly stands.

"What is your plead, young man?" Judge Jarris asks him.

Silence.

Tanner looks down to Mr. Hart, unsure of what to plead. Mr. Hart gives him a hard, intimidating glare.

In my head, I'm begging Tanner to do the right thing, for once. I'm hoping he is receiving those mental messages.

"I, uh, I plead....guilty." He breathes out and looks down at his shoes. I can tell he feels ashamed for not listening to what his lawyer probably told him to plead.

I just can't believe he actually pleaded guilty!

Judge Jarris nods. "Please resume your seat." Tanner sits back down and tries to avoid Mr. Hart's face.

"I will tell you the sentence. Mr. Smith," He pauses to wait for Tanner to stand back up, "The court finds you, Tanner Smith, guilty of kidnapping and abuse. Your sentence is seven years. No bail." He announces.

A small gasp escapes my mouth.

"Your honor!" Shouts Mr. Hart. "Mr. Hart, this sentence was already decided. The case is closed." Judge Jarris interrupts.

With the knock of his gavel, Judge Jarris dismisses everyone.

Toby and I stand, and we waste no time to embrace each other. When we pull back, I pull him back in, but this time for a kiss.

"I love you, so much." Toby whispers when we pull apart. I smiled and say," I wanted to say that first." He has a wide smile that perfectly meets his blue eyes.

"Okay, both of you, we must go." My mother interrupts.

"I will call a taxi for you both to go home. I need to meet up with your father, Spencer." She states and walks away with every clack of her heels.

I grab Toby's hand and begin to walk out, but I couldn't help to turn back around. Handcuffs are placed around his wrists as his head is hanging down.

Mr. Hart is whispering words that appear hush and stalks off to his briefcase. His face is still flushed and he still looks incredibly angry.

I shake my head. You did this to yourself, Tanner, my mind says.

Almost as if he read my mind, he looks up at me and gives me a small smile as they take him away.

It's over. It's finally and actually over. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I feel like I can finally breathe.

It's almost as if he's been suffocating me but let go just in time, so that I can breathe.

Toby's hand squeezes mine and he gives me a look. Not of anger. Not of sadness. But a great one of sincerity.

[[A.N. Well that's all! I'm not in a good mood and I have school tomorrow so that's why it's so short. KEEP CALM AND SHIP SPOBY!!]]