Presentation

**No dedication! Just a chapter and my author's note :) Enjoy!**

Spencer's POV

Today is the day Toby and I have to present our project. I'm nervous; these pictures are kind of private and they hold special and sacred moments. Especially me blacking out.

Toby holds my hand as we walk to homeroom. Just before I walk into the classroom, I'm pulled back by, surprisingly, Hanna, into the girls' restroom.  Hanna checks all of the stalls before turning to face me.

"I'm sorry for what I did yesterday but it was important."

"Important how, Hanna?" I say louder than I intended. She throws her hands up in frustration.

She pulls out her phone from her back pocket and shows me a text message:

Meet me at the park if you're really done with Spencer.

The room suddenly became cold and goosebumps rise onto my arms. "T-they texted y-you?" The words come out stuttered but I don't care.

"Yes!" She says. Her face is serious but her voice shows excitement.

What the hell?

"Why are you so excited?" I ask her. This isn't anything to get excited over and show off to the world and throw a party to celebrate; this is a very serious matter.

"Why aren't you? Don't you get it?" She asks as if it's as obvious as looking at a right triangle with a missing side and knowing you have to use the Pythagorean Theorem in order to find the missing side.

But then it is as obvious as that. 

"You were only pretending to be done with me to infiltrate this anonymous person." I speak each word slowly as they are starting to make sense to me.

Hanna nods along with each word that I was saying.

The bell rings before I can say anything else. In a rushed tone, I tell her, "This is a genius plan and all but do not text or call anyone else about the plan. For all you know, this person could be accessing your phone." 

 Without giving Hanna another glance, I turn around and run towards homeroom. Ms. Brent is definitely going to give me a lecture on being late to class. When I open the door, the whole class, and Toby, look at me dreadfully.

Just as I'm about to ask what happened, a lady asks me if I'm a student in this class.

"Um, yes.." I answer but it comes out as a question. She motions for me to take a seat so I sit in front of Andrew like always. Surprisingly, Andrew has his head down, lightly snoring. When the lady doesn't look, I nudge Andrew. "Andrew," I whisper.

His head shoots up, drool sliding down his chin. "Um," I try not to laugh, "you have drool there." I point to his chin. He is quick to wipe away any evidence of drool or that he was asleep. His eyes are wide, alert, and hold something dark in them for a moment when he looks at me. Then his eyes soften and he sighs.

"Thanks." 

"You're welcome." I ask him the questions that's been on my mind since I walked in, "Now what's going here? Where is Ms. Brent?" 

He runs his hand through his hair, like Toby does, but Andrew does it more...awkwardly?

"She's still in the hospital and this is our substitute. The principal said Ms. Brent's isn't that well but I think she's okay."

I furrow my eyebrows and I try to look into his eyes but he seems distant. "Why do you think that?"

His eyes no longer seem distant and he focuses on me. "I don't know. It's just a hunch and she seemed to have a not-so-bad reaction to the poison."

"Well it's poison. How else would you expect her to react to it?" I ask, half-joking. 

"She should have died," He says in a strangely calm voice. My eyes widen. He begins to stutter as he says, "I-I mean, almost a-any poison could kill a person." 

Okay?

"Toby Cavanaugh and Spencer Hastings. I believe you have something to present today?" The substitute teacher announces. She seems to be in her mid 40s and continues to adjust her glasses as they continue to fall down.

I totally forgot and my stomach churned at the reminder.

Toby and I go up to the teacher laptop and we set the video up. As I press play, a soft version of 'Thinking Out Loud' by Ed Sheeran begins and the pictures slowly fade in and out. Whatever videos Aria took of us, which I only found out she did when we were putting the video together, have been converted into gifs and it all looks so lovely. 

When the video ends, the majority of the class applaud. Now for the final part.

"The purpose of the video was trust. Trust between strangers, friends, and lovers. It's a trust that only the power of secrets and journies and special moments can form." I explain.

Toby joins in and says, "This trust formed between Spencer and I was surprisingly amazing and there was nothing better that I could ask from her. No amount of 'I love you's or anything else could compare to how phenomenal it feels to know that she trusts me more than anything. I don't think there could ever be a greater amount of love between us. But back to the project," He says, blushing because of the deep confession but his eyes twinkle brilliantly and beautifully.

I decide to step in. "There's always going to be love between two people who have been through everything together. Love can always break and repair itself but to trust... well I'd say it was a miracle." 

Toby smiles, his eyes crinkling, and he grabs my hand. This time, a deafening amount of applaud and cheer comes from the class.

I look over at Andrew and he has a half smile plastered on his face. I try not to worry about it so I look down at Toby and my hands perfectly molded together and smile widely. This was definitely a moment I'd want to remember.

[[A.N. Awwwwwww! I think this was my favorite chapter to write! I'm sorry it's not that long or atleast as long as you'd like but I did write this chapter with lots of love! I'm sorry I didn't update the past few weeks but my computer started to have issues and when that was fixed, my internet wouldn't work. When the internet started working, I wasn't sure what to write plus I had school the next day but I finally found the time to update!

Also, Robin Williams passed and I was just in a really devastated state. He was my favorite actor of all time. I know you guys will understand because you guys are the best readers any writer could ever ask for and just so you know, I'm always here to talk if you ever need anything because I might just know what you're going through. And if not, I'm sure I'd have some good advice up my sleeve. 

Well that's all so until next update, KEEP CALM AND SHIP SPOBY, Spobians! I love you so much and thank you for over 165,000 reads! Xo