Daddy Dearest

**Dedicated to OHMYPRETTYLIARS!!! She is an awesome person who I've gotten to know AND she has two Spoby stories that you ALL should check out! Anyways, ONTO THE STORY!!** "So...are you excited?" Spencer asks, looking up at me. She is now helping me pack my stuff to move into the barn. Her brown eyes seem to sparkle with excitement. I smile at her gratefully, and say,  

"Of course I am. And," I turn her around and wrap my arms around her small waist, "I get to see you everyday."  

We lean for a kiss, and pull away happily.   

"Even if I have to see your horrible morning hair." I mumble. She fakes a gasp and hits me on my shoulder. I chuckle and shake my head at her silliness.

  "Jerk."  

"But I'm your jerk." I remind her. 

  She turns her head, pushing her hair forward to hide her smile, but I gently push it back. "Don't hide your face from me. It's too beautiful."   

She blushes and returns to folding my clothes. A phone dings, Spencer's phone, and she frowns when she reads the text. "What is it?" I question. She shakes her head and says,"No one."

  I know better than to believe her. "Tell me, Spencer." I demand. I grab onto her arm and grip onto it tightly. I hate to this but she's not telling me. I raise my voice and almost shout," Tell me, Spencer. Last time you didn't tell me about a text, Tanner got to you."  

She flinches and snatches her arm back. I immediately regret it but I had to do that. I lower my voice to a whisper. "Please tell me, Spence. I can't lose you again. I just got you back." 

  Spencer lets out a shaky sigh and says," My father is demanding me home. Apparently, mom didn't ask for his permission that you can stay in the barn, so now he wants us all to have a discussion about this." 

  I nod and respond with," Well, let's go then!" Spencer seems a bit surprised from this but she follows me into the car and we drive to her house. 

  Peter opens the door and admits us both in.  

Spencer's POV  

"So, who cares to explain what exactly is going on here?" Dad starts off. "Because apparently, no one thought to include me in this decision-making process."  

Mom steps in and says,"Peter, do not act like you are not aware of what we discussed. We all know what's going here."  

Toby is sitting down next to me and I shuffle my feet, nervous.

  What if they change their mind about letting Toby stay in the barn? What if they send him back to his mother and move? 

  What if you shut up, Spencer, and listen to the argument outside of your head?  

I shake my head and pay attention to what is going on in front of me.

 "And why did you decide to let him stay, Veronica?" My father spits out, his face getting redder with the anger.

  My mother and I scoff at the same time, both in disbelief.  

"Have you forgotten? Well, let me remind you. Our daughter was kidnapped and tormented, don't forget that she was also taken advantage of before, all by the same guy. Luckily, Toby came along! He saved Spencer, not us. He got all the clues and found Spencer, and risked his life for her. So the least we could do is allow Toby to live in the barn." My mother points out, silencing the whole house.  

Whatever was on the TV was now silent, as was my father. His hands are shaking as he scratches the back of his neck. He takes a deep breath and says," Toby, Spencer. I'm so sorry."

  I look at Toby and his eyes are wide. I bet he's not used to so much going on and probably got a bit lost in translation. I hold his hand, squeezing tightly, and give him a small smile.  

My father notices the small and sweet gesture and sighs, clearly annoyed. "Toby, you can stay in the barn."

  I jump up out of my seat and hug my dad. "Thanks, daddy." I say sweetly.   "Sure thing sweetie, but no funny business." Dad states. 

I almost burst out in laughter when I remember Toby using the term 'doing the nasty' to describe what my parents thought we'd be doing.

Toby clears his throat and stands up. "Thank you, Mr. Hastings." Dad nods and heads upstairs.

"And thank you so much, Mrs. Hastings. This truly means alot."

Mom places her hand on his shoulder and says,"I meant every word I said. And listen to my next few words: I do not want any grandchildren!" 

"Mom!" I whine, face palming myself.

She smiles and heads upstairs as well. As soon as she closes her bedroom door, Toby laughs.

"What's so funny?" I ask him. "You should've seen your face! It got really pale and you looked embarrassed."

I rolled my eyes at this laughing, idiotic jerk in front of me. But as he stated earlier, he is my laughing, idiotic jerk.

[[A.N. Aww! Another happy chapter! Btw, I typed this on my computer, because my phone won't turn on, so that's why it's about an hour late on update. And it may look weird if you're on mobile.

Any who, I may be updating this upcoming Saturday because I need to sleep early on Sunday since I go back to school the next day! 

Happy early New Years and... KEEP CALM AND SHIP SPOBY!!]]