The Plan

**DEDICATED TO everyone who commented last chapter!! Thank you for the early birthday wishes, and for thinking and insisting that I must be beautiful and flawless. You are all so sweet, really, thank you. I love you and onto the story! **

Songs:

Tearin' Up My Heart- N'sync

If You Don't Know- 5 Seconds Of Summer (twice haha)

Grow Up- Cher Lloyd

Stay With Me- Sam Smith

Toby's POV

"We fight fire with fire." Spencer insists, smiling. I'm not sure why but that frightening glint of excitement in her eyes are a huge turn on. My friend seems to agree.

Focus, Toby! 

I shake my head and clear my throat. "I don't know, Spence." My voice is thick with uncertainty, I can tell. 

Spencer pouts and looks up at me with those big, chocolate eyes. She leans up and kisses my jaw and moves down to my neck. That fiery sensation I get when we touch, especially kiss, is unreal and amazing.

"Spence...Spencer. We're still at school." I don't want to reject her like this, but I don't want any problems with Principal Hackett. "You wouldn't want to ruin your spot on the Student Council." I remind her.

She sighs dramatically. "I hate it when you're right." 

I smile and we begin to walk out of the school. When we get inside Spencer's car, I have to ask, "What do you mean 'fight fire with fire'?" She starts the car and pulls out of the parking lot.

"This Anonymous person loves to send us notes, especially threatening our loved ones. Well, what if there were no loved ones to threaten?" 

"I'm still not following." I honestly tell her.

She hums before she says, "We'll pretend to break up. And then, I tell the girl 'what happened' and they'll hate you but I'll push them away so they'll hate me too."

It was a good idea but would it really work? "You're gonna tell the girls about this idea, right? I wouldn't want them to hate me, and to hate you too." I ask her.

"Of course. I couldn't handle it if they actually did hate me." She admits, her voice getting low. I understand why. After all, when the whole Tanner thing happened, and the girls hated her, that was when she got shut out and hated it. It must've been horrible.

I can tell she's reminiscing when it's quiet for too long in this stuffy car. "You're car is super hot. It feels like The Human Torch let 'er rip in here." I comment, bringing a smile onto Spencer's beautiful face.

"Well why didn't you go in your own brand-spanking-new car?" She teases, smirking now.

"Why would I? It has everything except for one thing."

"What?" Spencer cluelessly asks.

"You." I say. I give her a flirty smile, and she laughs her beautiful laugh. She reminds me of a child when she laughs: the wide smile, the way she lights up, and the contagiousness of her laugh. It's all very heartwarming and lovely. It's a sound that I never want to stop hearing. I decide to try another thing to make her smile.

I stare at her until she says, "What?" 

I look away and say, "Nothing."

"Why were you staring at me?" She's going along with this just as I hoped.

"Because you're beautiful." I can feel the big, goofy smile on my face spreading when she slowly realizes.

"Oh my God! You jerk, why would you do that?" She laughs, playfully hitting my arm. I laugh along with her. "Wait, did you read the book?" 

My cheeks suddenly start to heat up so I look out the window. 

"Oh my God, Toby... You read The Fault In Our Stars." She declares, surprised.

I'm quick to deny it. "No, I just saw it in the trailer." 

"Toby look at me." She says. I look at her and she smiles widely.

"Toby, you liar! When did you read it?"

I sigh, and say, "Remember when we would watch the whole Twilight marathon?" She nods, her eyes switching between the road and I. "Well, I wondered what other popular books were to become movies. I found out about that book and yeah." I finish, still slightly embarrassed.

She chuckles and asks, "How come you never told me?" 

"Because how can I get a girl to like me if she found out that I cried reading a fictional novel?" I accidentally let that slip out.

She lit up with amusement. "You cried?" She shouted. 

"Yeah." I mumbled. 

She tries to stifle a laugh, I can hear it, but when she stops at a red light, she just bursts out with her child-like laughter. I nearly laugh as well.

We arrive at the house where we find two cars, minus mine, already parked. "Gee, they were fast." Spencer comments silently, parking behind one of the girls' car.

We exit the car and walk up to the girls, greeting them. "Where's Aria?" I ask. Just then, a car zooms down the street, screeching to a halt in front of the Hastings' mailbox, nearly colliding with it. Aria jumps out of the car and rushes to us. 

"Hey, sorry I'm late." She says. She looks completely flustered and won't stop running her fingers through her hair. 

"Are you okay?" Spencer asks her.

Aria suddenly seems alert, and stops running her fingers through her hair. "Um, y-yeah. Can we please just go inside?"

Spencer nods and proceeds to open the front door. She lets us all in, turning around to shut the door and lock it.

I smile and whisper, "Good. You haven't forgotten." She rolls her eyes and tosses her keys onto the kitchen counter.

Emily and Hanna have already sat down while Aria just stands, staring off into space. Spencer and I walk in and Aria snaps her head to Spencer.

Spencer's POV 

"Spencer, can we go outside real quick?" Aria asks, her lips quivering. I nod and we go outside.

"Aria, what's going on?" I questioned. She seemed flustered and nervous when she got here. And you can't forget her nearly ramming into the mailbox.

She sighs a shaky breath and says, "I kissed Jake."

[[A.N. Haha sorry to end it there! Anyways, I'll post the selfie sometime between Thursday and Saturday. I won't update again until Sunday because my birthday is Friday and then I'll be properly celebrating it on Sunday!  

Let's cross fingers and hope that I get books or money to buy books on my birthday!! That's basically the only thing I really want. #Bookworm lol. Ah, I'm so lame  /.\

Tomorrow, there will be Spoby. Who is gonna die with me? And out of curiosity, how old are all of you, and where are you from? You don't have to answer both! I just want to get to know my readers better :) Keep calm and ship Spoby, Spobians! We'll need it tomorrow. Xo ]]