Chapter 69: The Beauty in Nightmare

Unknown's POV

It's so dark and I'm falling like forever. It feels like this has no end.

I reached out my hand and tried flying upwards but I can't, something's dragging me down. So I just let myself fall.

Is this the way to hell? No, this is the void, where all those souls who lived in neutral life go.

(Neutral life - You lived a bad life and a good life, you take no sides. You're in between.)

Falling...

Falling...

And still falling.

It doesn't have any ends, and I can't fall asleep either.

I looked at my palm and saw an inverse cross carved on it. I licked it and it tastes like death.

Death?

Of course, how could I forget?

I died.

I died and left everyone alone.

I smiled, I know they can do it. I trust them. I know they don't need me, I kept dragging them into lots of troubles and ever since I was born, a lot of bad things happened.

The moment I came into this world, bad luck and danger was also born.

I am a cursed child, my parents were right. I shouldn't have been born.

I closed my eyes and smiled, "Everyone, please win the war." I'm sorry I failed to complete my mission.

I trust you, all of you.

"YUI!"

I suddenly opened my eyes and gasped. Am I hearing things? I heard someone calling me, it's a guy's voice. It sounds familiar.

"YUI! WAKE UP!"

There he goes again. Who is he? How did he know me?

"I do, I do love you, so please. Yui, I love you."

That's... sweet but...

Who are you?

I trust them? Wait, who are they again? Who's "them"? Who's "everyone"?

The only person I can remember is my brother, the man who loved me more than his life, Aice.

"YUI! I'm sorry I couldn't protect you... again."

Again? Why? Have we met before?

"Please wake up. I love you."

"YUNO!"

I gasped again and I felt my heart suddenly beat loud and fast. I started sweating and felt something tingling in my stomach.

"YUNO! Let her go!"

I suddenly felt something wet fell down from my eyes.

Why am I crying?

Yuno? Who are you?

Then I saw something falling from above and I caught it, "A black teddy bear?" I don't know what this is all about but I just feel like I want to hug it tightly so I did, and I cried even more.

Of course...

How could I forget the man I first fell in love with? 

"Y-Yuno. Yuno, Yuno," I kept mumbling his name while hugging the teddy bear tightly.