Chapter 12: Day-te Off?

Aces

"Yuno? Ethan?" I called. Where are they? "Steve! Felix! Alyssa!"

I tried searching them in their rooms and library but they're nowhere to be found.

Hmm... maybe they're in the Healing room.

Then I kicked the Healing room's door.

They all looked at me, surprised.

"Y-YUI?" Alyssa said.

"Guys, I missed you all!" I said then I hugged Ethan, Felix but he pushed me away, Alyssa, Yuno but he also pushed me away ( -_- ), and Steve.

Alyssa and Steve were the only one who hugged me back. They're so mean.

When I was hugging Steve, I suddenly remember that he has a large wound on his chest so I looked at it and it was so huge.

I touched it and it was so rough, "Are you okay? This will leave a scar, right?" I said then I looked at him and he's looking away. His face is so red.

"What's wrong? Why are you so red? Does it hurt?" I asked.

"U-umm, Yui. Maybe because you're too close to him and you're touching his chest. That's making him uncomfortable," Alyssa said.

Huh? Why? What's wrong with that?

I looked at Alyssa and her head is wrapped with bandages.

I patted her head, "My, my, you're still cute as ever, Alyssa."

"Really, Yui?" her eyes twinkled. "How about you? How are you? Are you healed already? I missed you," she said then she pinched my cheeks lightly.

"I'm okay now, and I-I've seen your battle with Alice. I really wanted to help you all but--"

"We understand, Yui. Plus, you don't have to worry anymore because look, we won!" Alyssa said.

I smiled.

"I'm so happy I'm back," I said.

Evening

I'm standing here in the garden and staring at the moon. Why? Well, I can't sleep. Maybe because I've been asleep for days.

I hummed, "Hey, can you hear me? I called out your name. Where are you from? What is it that's brought you here? Why won't you answer me? I swear to play nice. Isn't this fun? This game of hide-and-seek," I sang.

I don't know where did I learn that song but it reminds me of something.

It reminds me of the beasts and demons I fought before, we fought before.

I miss you, Aice. I wish you were here. I wish you can see me right now, I wish you can see my friends right now.

I cried.

Then someone suddenly held my arm, "Hey, Yui. What are you doing here?" I heard Steve asked.

I looked at him while tears flowing down my cheeks.

"W-w-w-why are you crying? Did I make you cry? I'm sorry, I--"

"No, no, no," I said then I wiped my tears, "I just remembered someone from my past whom I treasured so much," I said then I smiled.

"Is that so? Well, don't worry, you have me now. You can treasure me," he jokingly said.

I chuckled, "I'm so happy I have you guys. I thought I will be alone forever," I said.

"Of course you won't be alone, I will always be right here, Yui," he said then he held my back and the back of my head, then he hugged me.

"You can cry to me anytime, Yui," he whispered.